Foam Board Prices Going Up!???!

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 2:55am by CakeMommyTX

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 9

I always go to Hobby Lobby (St. Louis) when they have the foam boards 50% off and stock up. I just went yesterday to stock up and normally they charge $1.99 and when 1/2 off I get them for $1. However, yesterday I went to stock up and the price went up to $2.99...so 1/2 off is now $1.50. Anybody else notice this? Also, what's the deal with Michaels? I never see them in the sales flyer. Do they still go on sale?

8 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 9

You can get them at the Dollar Tree too. I think they're a tiny bit thinner than the regular kind, but lots of people use them.

Last time they went on sale at Michaels was a few months ago, I think...but I stocked up then so I haven't been watching for them to go on sale.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 9

I haven't noticed @ HL because I'm just now down to an amount wherre I have to restock.

They're 50% off this week, so I will check and see if the price has gone up here too.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 9

I saw them on sale at Michael's 2 for $3.00. No more $1.00 boards I guess.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 9

My HL jacked up the price last time they were 50% off also, but as soon as the sale was over magically the price went back down to $1.99 a piece.
I think they've caught on to everyone who stocks up only when they are on sale.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 9

I ran into the same thing, but when I looked closer it was really 2 different types of boards mixed together. The more expensive one has some kind of extra coating on it, or something.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 11:58pm
post #7 of 9

Micheals had them on sale last week, 2 for $3. I have not seen them for $1 in a long time

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 12:59am
post #8 of 9

You know, Sweetart, I thought the same thing. So I thumbed through all of their boards...even looking to see if they had some "old" priced ones that they didn't catch. NOPE. All of the boards were hiked up. That really stinks. Does anyone know where to get them cheap still...via internet or retail local stores?

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:55am
post #9 of 9

Just got back from HL, they were on sale ,50% off and marked at a $1.99 so I got them for a buck, bought all they had, so sorry if we shop at the same one...lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%