Need Assistance Asap

Baking By LeeBD Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 5:44pm by sadsmile

LeeBD Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 4

This my second attempt in 2 days to make Strawberry Daq. cake. Yesterdays cake came out with a crust. I put a flower nail in todays cake(which is still in oven) and it's cracking!! What could be the problem with this cake? Have to have it ready for a customer tomorrow afternoon.
Anyone??

3 replies
sadsmile Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 4

What is the recipe and how did you mix(how long what kind of mixer... etc.) and how did you prepare the pan, what oven temp and how long....

LeeBD Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 4

I used MACSMOM strawberry daq WASC recipe...KitchenAid mixer, 325 oven, 9x13 pan, grease and flour...it took about an hour cuz the middle wasn't cooking. The last time I used the baking strips my cake came out flat so I was leary about using them that's why I tried the flower nail.

sadsmile Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 4

Do you have an over thermometer? I wonder if your oven is running hotter then normal, causing it to cook around the edges before it is done in the middle. It would also cause the cake to flow to the center to rise up while cooking since the edges are already done. That's where the cracking comes from. I was going to suggest the strips. Flat is better for leveling or do you mean it didn't bake right and was not cake consistency when done? I would PM Macsmom and ask her about the recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%