Quick Pour Fondant Vs. Rolled

Decorating By hugs28 Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 6:43pm by hugs28

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all, I have this question, I was looking for a fondant recipe on here and came across this quick pour fondant. How does this work vs. regular rolled fondant. Is it easier? harder? I have a 1/2 sheet and a 1/4 sheet to cover with fondant and was looking for the easiest way to do it. I don't have a HUGE area to roll out fondant, so thought the pour one may work great. TIA

3 replies
kiki07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki07 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 4

Quick pour is something you would use on petit fours or cookies. You really want to use roll out fondant on a cake.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 4

it is entirely different and not what you want for your current projects (unless you fancy a change anyway).

think of it as like a glace icing, only a bit stonger, and not quite so melt in the mouth. i used it on the mini cakes in my pics - it will be less opaque if you make it thicker.

you also definatly cant smooth it - although if you have coated the cake (ie: marzipan) first, its a smooth surface so should go smoother.

it is delicious though!
xx

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 4

thank you, I appreciate it. I definatly won't be using it. The reason I asked is because the recipe I was reading said to pour over cake when done. Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%