Is There A Chart Out There?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm by Sagebrush

CiNoRi Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 14

Hi all,

I have been looking, and have had no luck...

Is there a chart out there that lists baking times & temps for the different pan sizes? Specifically i'm using a FD 11x15x3. I found a chart for them that lists batter amounts for each pan. I only assume bake times & possibly temps would be affected when using the larger pan sizes.

Thanks!

13 replies
watertown Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 14

I don't know if there is a chart on CC (someone else might be able to answer this), but there are charts in the Wilton Yearbooks and the Whimsical Bakehouse book offers charts also.

Cookie4 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 14

These times, temps, batter quantities and icing quantities are listed in each Wilton yearbook also.

all4cake Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 14

I thought FD had adjustment recommendations for their pans (I could be wrong but, I thought it was due to how they're made...coated or something)...they bake somewhat differently than ML or Wilton of the same size.

all4cake Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 14

I don't know if this is the same as Wilton's but it was a 'click here' link on the FD pan page at Ultimate Baker

http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=C&Screen=batter_data

Mike1394 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 14

It's called fill the pan 1/2 - 2/3 full, bake till done.

Mike

cakesweetiecake Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 5:33pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Mike

Unforunately, this is the method I've adopted. lol. The Wilton chart may be helpful to let you know how much batter you may need overall. However, I've found charts with varying information. I dont measure anything out when filling the pan. I eyeball it.

indydebi Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Mike

yep. I haven't used a timer in years. baking times are merely suggestions anyway and will diff based on each individual oven.

Bake about a dozen cakes and you won't need to use a timer either! thumbs_up.gif

CiNoRi Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:08pm
post #10 of 14

Thanks guys,

Yeah I was kinda thinking it would be a "bake till done" thing Just wasn't sure if there was something out there to gauge it by.

Appreciate it!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:21pm
post #11 of 14

I still set a timer, but I have learned that in my oven, an 11x15 will be done perfectly in 35 minutes, and a 12X18 takes about 45 minutes. I think it is all about knowing your pans and your oven. I set the timer because I tend to get caught up in other things and forget about the oven. icon_lol.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:25pm
post #12 of 14

It seems like baking time is different for different recipes too...WASC takes longer to cook than a box mix cake in the same size pan, at least in my oven. I keep a chart of how long different things take to bake but when I move and have a different oven, I have to start my chart all over again.

foxymomma521 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:38pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I thought FD had adjustment recommendations for their pans (I could be wrong but, I thought it was due to how they're made...coated or something)...they bake somewhat differently than ML or Wilton of the same size.

Bake at 300 I think...

Sagebrush Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

yep. I haven't used a timer in years. baking times are merely suggestions anyway and will diff based on each individual oven.

and recipe, and altitude (I'm at 7,000 ft)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Bake about a dozen cakes and you won't need to use a timer either! thumbs_up.gif

*sigh*. I was afraid of that. When do I have time to do each recipe a dozen times to get it just right - on top of having so many different recipes that I want to try. I just want to bake a cake and get started on the fun part - decorating it. And, I'd much rather be spending that $ on cake toys.

- Leisel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%