Jumping Out Of Cake Effect?

Decorating By Buttacream Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 1:21am by Genny_yummies

Buttacream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttacream Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 3:58am
post #1 of 3

I thought I posted this question but I don't see it!! I want to do a character cake with the character jumping out of the cake!

I thought I saw a tutorial on how you get the torn fondant effect. Does anyone have this tutorial? And is it fondant/gumpaste you use for the fondant to stay up that way?

Need help!! Thanks for your support!

2 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 3

For my Animal cake I just cut the fondant with an exacto knife like a pie and peeled back the pieces, it stayed rolled over and dried that way.
If you wanted the fondant to stand up more you could place some cotton balls or rolled up plastic wrap underneath the pieces until the yhardend up enought o hold the shape.
I did'nt measure or do anything exact because I figured it would'nt be if something was tearing through it to jump out.
Here a pic.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1540485
HTH

Genny_yummies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genny_yummies Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:21am
post #3 of 3

For my dog cake here, I took pieces of fondant and cut them in a triangle and sorta pulled one of the points over and let them dry that way, then I simply just put them on top of the cake around the dog. I also cut little pieces of fondant in odd sizes and just threw them in between the dog and the "torn" fondant. I wish I could explain it a little better. I hope I was able to help some.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%