Bake For Haiti

Lounge By RafaelLogrono Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 2:17am by rwarren

RafaelLogrono Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #1 of 3

To all my cake friends, we know what happened in Haiti and the major destruction that the continent's poorest country has to deal with. Would you like to help? I was thinking about planning something called "Bake for Haiti" Where we bake anything, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, pastries, etc., and we sell them for a good...... cause. We can take that money and donate it to one of the following organizations I'm still trying to plan this, but whose in?! You can e-mail me. Let's make a difference, one dessert at a time!

2 replies
quilting2011 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 3:25am
post #2 of 3

That is wonderful. The cc members getting together.

I don't have time to bake but donated money to my local American Red Cross to help fund medical supplies.

rwarren Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:17am
post #3 of 3

I inquired about a donation for a local fundraising dinner, met two organizers this evening. They were very pleased and said "oh make whatever you want..."

now I'm wondering if I bit off more than I can chew. The dinner is for 200 people, an Indian buffet. i want to do a cake (maybe two manageable sized ones, different flavors), but my mom (who is helping me figure this out) is pushing me into cupcakes. she thinks they will work better.

they offered to give me a tax receipt for the value of the cake. and they will pick up which is thoughtful.

I want to do something more creative than just a big flag. (it's got a lot of strong color in it) i'm interested to see what others are doing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%