Online Shop

Business By saberger Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 6:39am by DecorateMe

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone have a store online for people to buy cakes or cookies, not just to look at your info and gallery?

If so, would you be willing to share your experience in setting it up, pros and cons, and the actual site?

TIA

4 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

Does anyone have a store online for people to buy cakes or cookies, not just to look at your info and gallery?

If so, would you be willing to share your experience in setting it up, pros and cons, and the actual site?

TIA

Check with Dept. of AG. Sending food over state lines can be tricky. A lot of regs.

Mike

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 5

I know some people on here who should have an on-line shop. Hint, hint. icon_wink.gif

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks.

DecorateMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecorateMe Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:39am
post #5 of 5

Hi saberger

I have an online store (I'm in Israel) www.israelcakeshop.com

I sell non-custom, but customisable cakes & cupcakes and decorated sugar cookies. I have spent a LOT of time setting it up, and am finishing up now. I know that there are still things that need working on, including more translating on the Hebrew side and uploading all the graphics.

I originally used a template but had to do a huge amount of customising to make it work as a cake shop. I did a lot of the graphics and product uploading, but had someone do the programming.

On my store you can place an order, but since I can't guarantee that I can make every order (eg. someone orders 200 cupcakes the day before their function & I'm already fully booked), you cannot pay online, I confirm the order over the phone and organise payment that way.
While this does take away some of the ease of use, it is the only way for me to do it as I don't have a large bakery with tons of employees.

I'm happy to answer questions
Sharon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%