Prices On Sugar Cookies

Baking By jackie929 Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm by FromScratch

jackie929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie929 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 9

HELLO :
I NEED HELP!!! I HAVE AN ORDER OF DECORATE SUGAR COOKIES THAT I NEED TO MAKE FOR A BRIDAL SHOWER. MY COOKIE CUTTERS ARE 3IN- 3 1/3 IN (SIZE). BECAUSE THIS IS MY FIRST ORDER I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TO CHARGE. PLEASE !!!! CAN SOMEBODY GIVE AN IDEA. I LIVE IN THE CT AREA.
THANKS

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 9

..moving to Cookies forum. icon_smile.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 9

a general guide is $1 an inch, which increases the fancier the decorating gets, and also extra for packaging - which will also depend on how fancy the packaging is.
xx

jackie929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie929 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 9

thank for the info. big help........... icon_biggrin.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 9

agree with brincess_b, $1 an inch, but if more colors and detail, higher price

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:20am
post #6 of 9

how much extra would you guys charge for packaging?

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 11:51am
post #7 of 9

My packaging and ribbon are included in the price (it cost me $.05 for the bag and $.02 for the ribbon). Of course if they wanted a cookie box or something else, I would charge extra but know one has ever asked.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:02pm
post #8 of 9

I charge $5.00 each for my 3 -4 inch decorated cookies bagged with a cellophane bag and curly ribbon.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm
post #9 of 9

The packaging might only cost $0.07, but it takes time to package them. This is why you charge extra to take the time to do the work. Remember... you aren't just selling the ingredients to make these cookies... you selling the service of doing what the client either can't or doesn't want to do themselves. There's great value in that.

I would start decorated cookies at $1/inch simply decorated (2-3 colors). Individual packaging would be extra. What are your cookies going to look like? Just iced? Monogram? Flowers? How many colors will you be using? How do they want them packaged? All of these will affect the final price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%