Edible Image Help

Decorating By grams Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 6:43pm by linedancer

grams Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 2

I have two old canon printers that still work that I used for edible images but the nozzles or something have plugged up. I ran the cleaning cartridges after each use and stored it with the cleaning cartridges in it not the color cartridges. The red on the canon BJC300 doesn't come through at all and the blue, yellow, and black could be better. The blue on the canonBJC2000 is plugged and the others could be better. There are also lines across the picture. I have run cleaning cartridges and run alot of hot water over them but they still won't open up. Is there anything else I can do or should I just scrap them?

I don't use it very often so I can't justify buying some expensive equipment and have it plug up like these because of not using it enough..

1 reply
linedancer Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 2

You could get a new print head for them, but they cost almost as much as a new printer. If I were you, I would just scrap them, ask me how I know icon_rolleyes.gif

You can get some of the new Canons for less than $100, Amazon sometimes has great deals. Just be sure they take the edible ink cartridges. There are new style cartridges that are not supposed to plug up so much.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%