Hi Ratio Shortening

Decorating By deena1987 Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm by FlourPots

deena1987 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 13

Has anyone tried the one from The Baker's Kitchen? It's cheaper than Sweetex but was wondering if anyone had tried it and liked it before I ordered. Thanks.

12 replies
JanH Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 13

...moving to Cake Decorating forum. icon_smile.gif

deena1987 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:33am
post #3 of 13

Has anyone tried this shortening? Help please.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:39am
post #4 of 13

I just ordered this exact same shortening. I haven't used it yet but I saw on another post people were saying it was the generic for sweetex. I'm going to be making a wedding cake with it in two weeks, I'll let you know icon_biggrin.gif

FlourPots Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 3:00am
post #5 of 13

I just received my 4lb. tub 2 days ago...haven't used it yet.

I'd been wanting to try Sweetex for the longest time, and only went with this because I read a thread where people said they called and found out that this one is indeed Sweetex...apparently the company is unable to call it that legally, if they're selling it in smaller than the 50lb. block.

JustToEatCake Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:45am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

I just received my 4lb. tub 2 days ago...haven't used it yet.

I'd been wanting to try Sweetex for the longest time, and only went with this because I read a thread where people said they called and found out that this one is indeed Sweetex...apparently the company is unable to call it that legally, if they're selling it in smaller than the 50lb. block.



I don't know if that's true because I ordered sweetex from Global Sugar in a 12lb block and it's labeled sweetex. Having said that I hope that is a sweetex generic.

FlourPots Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:02am
post #7 of 13

Oh no! I don't know what's going on now...

Here's one of the threads: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-649270-.html

JustToEatCake Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:19am
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Oh no! I don't know what's going on now...

Here's one of the threads: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-649270-.html



I read the link but I can assure you,and I'll take a picture tomorrow evening as it's late now to pull it out, to show you that my 12lb box is labled Sweetex. I actually talked to Mr. X. haha can't remember his name, the Global Sugar Art owner when the thread came up about Sweetex not having transfat (I had just rec'd mine in November) and he assured me what I had was labeled is Sweetex and not SweetexZ. He said THEY repackage it in smaller amounts. So I don't know but I can't wait to know...lol

FlourPots Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:35am
post #9 of 13

Oh, goodness, no I believe you...I'm just concerned because I've never used Sweetex so when I use what I have, I won't know the difference.

I think the owner's name is Alan icon_biggrin.gif .

JustToEatCake Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:59pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Oh, goodness, no I believe you...I'm just concerned because I've never used Sweetex so when I use what I have, I won't know the difference.

I think the owner's name is Alan icon_biggrin.gif .



If you would like I will be more than happy to send you a cup or two to try/compare.
Edited to add: Just PM me your address if you'd like.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 3:05pm
post #11 of 13

How generous of you! ^^^ thumbs_up.gif

JustToEatCake Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 3:08pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityCakes

How generous of you! ^^^ thumbs_up.gif



Thank you icon_smile.gif. I felt we could all benefit from the comparison report. icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #13 of 13

Generous indeed!

PMing right now...

Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%