Kathy Scott Mini Cake Mold?

Decorating By j_arney Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 2:04pm by linedancer

j_arney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_arney Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 8

I've been researching mini wedding cakes as I want to give them as favors for my sister's bridal shower. I saw several people mention Kathy Scotts mold kit. However, when I google it, I can't find anything. Does anyone know where I can locate this kit?

Thanks!!

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 8

Here's a previous thread on Kathy Scott's molds with a link to her ebay store:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-136991-.html

HTH

j_arney Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you!

j_arney Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 8

She closed her store until mid-October!! Is there anywhere else I can find these molds?

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 8

I am going to take a mini petit four class with her on Sat. Will let you know if and where she is still selling these molds.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 8

I'd love to know if they are coming back too.
Thanks.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 8

Instead of buying the mold I used tin cans (or cutters) with the upper edge cut off. The cans were the diameter that I needed and then I cut the mini cakes out of a large sheet cake.

These instructions are for mini cakes not chocolates.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 8

Ok, I am back from Orlando. Had a great time in Kathy's class. The bad news is her assistant in her shop has been ill. Kathy is trying to run the shop with the help of her husband, and also doing the classes. She did not really say when she might get her ebay store up and running again.

The good news is, she was selling them at the class, so I did get a set. Am going to try them out in a few days.

Her website is listed on her packaging and on her website she has an email address, snail mail address and phone number, so you may be able to contact her, see if she is willing to sell you the molds and/or kits that way.

www.sweetexpress.com

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%