redred Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 9:27am
post #1 of

Has anyone any experience buying cutters direct from Sunflower Sugar Art? http://shop.sunflowersugarartusa.com/main.sc

There are some cutters on the site which I can't find anywhere else, not even Global Sugar Art. I have tried emailing the proprietors twice but haven't had a reply, so I was curious to see if others have had any luck.

22 replies
HarleyDee Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 9:38pm
post #2 of

I haven't, but here's hopng that someone will be able to help! icon_smile.gif

zamora-short Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 1:16am
post #3 of

I would strongly steer clear of Sunflower Sugar Art.  They are very rude and unprofessional.  I ordered from them last year in the summer of 2012 for the first time with a discount code.  The order didn't go through with the discount so I tried to call them.  Of course there was no number to reach them by.  Should have been my first clue.  So I emailed.  I still have the emails to this day because I ended up reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.  They said they could give me that discount owed in my next order placed with them.  I explained that this was my first time purchasing from them and I had not even received my product and that I would rather have my credit issued as it should have been.  The president, who was emailing me, responded back for me to "F*** OFF".  My husband and I could not believe it.  So you can see why we reported it.  They kept our money.  Now today January 2013 I see on my bank account two charges they are running on my card back from when I used it for $37 each.  I have called my bank to report fraud charges and have contact Sunflower Sugar Art of course with no response so far.  They are a very shady company with no moral ethics in place.  Do NOT purchase from them.  This is the signature from the bottom of the email I received from them.

Pilar Gonzalez Nugent
President & CEO
Sunflower Sugar Art USA
6001 Highway A1A
Indian River Shores, FL 32963

remnant3333 Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 1:25am
post #4 of

Thanks for the warning!!! I will warn everyone I know to never do business with them!! If they treat everyone like they treated you they will be out of business in no time. No one would conduct business in that way and treat their customers like that!! Considering you never received the things you ordered they must be a fake company just out to rip people off!!! People like this unfortunately come a dime a dozen!!! I have had to get new bank and credit cards twice due to being ripped off years ago.  If a company will not take paypal who sell over the internet, I do not buy from them!!!So I know how it is when you have fake companies ripping you off!!! Hopefully they will change their ways before it is too late.

zamora-short Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 1:34am
post #5 of

I am sorry, I DID receive my product.  They did NOT refund the money owed to me.  I am still dealing with fraudulent charges on their end.  Hope that was more clear.  I am not big on ever speaking negatively about any one or any business for that matter.  But this had to be an exception as others need to be warned.  I just want them out of my life and I warn all my cake friends all over the country.

remnant3333 Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 1:49am
post #6 of

I appreciate the warning especially when they are charging your credit card more than they should.  At least you got the stuff you ordered but either way, they are trying to scam you by overcharging you and  posting fraudulent charges of which you had already paid for!!! Sorry you had to go through this.  I have learned to try and search what others are saying about companies over the internet before I buy from them and whether or not they take pay pal.

arlenej Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 4:20am
post #7 of

I could cry: they've got a lovely French Baby Doll silicone mold I've been eyeing. But now that I've your warning I guess I'll wait until Global Sugar Art or Amazon has it. Speaking of which, is it safe to shop Global Sugar Art now?

pummy Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 5:43am
post #8 of

I recently purchased form GSA using a prepaid credit card so I could avoid any further issues.  Any purchases made have to be through Paypal now on their site.

shanter Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 5:50am
post #9 of

The link to Sunflower Sugar Art doesn't work, so they probably did go out of business.

ReneeFLL Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 8:52am

A

Original message sent by redred

Has anyone any experience buying cutters direct from Sunflower Sugar Art? [URL=http://shop.sunflowersugarartusa.com/main.sc]http://shop.sunflowersugarartusa.com/main.sc[/URL]

There are some cutters on the site which I can't find anywhere else, not even Global Sugar Art. I have tried emailing the proprietors twice but haven't had a reply, so I was curious to see if others have had any luck.

Which cutters are they?

Original message sent by arlenej

I could cry: they've got a lovely French Baby Doll silicone mold I've been eyeing. But now that I've your warning I guess I'll wait until Global Sugar Art or Amazon has it. Speaking of which, is it safe to shop Global Sugar Art now?

I can't find the mold you are talking about. Do you have a link to it?

Fiesta Cake Company in Hollywood Florida sells some of their stuff. I don't know if they carry what ya'll are looking for or if they even ship. They seem nice enough, but I have been waiting for some CK glycern 8oz to come in and they keep saying next week. I have not paid for it so if they don't get it soon, I will just have to order it. I try to buy locally when I can.

http://www.suppliesforcakes.com/

zamora-short Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 8:48pm

http://sunflowersugarartusa.com  still works.  I am still trying to contact them though.  No reply as of yet so my bank is investigating them currently.  They are also on FB.

zamora-short Posted 20 Jan 2013 , 8:49pm

I have shopped with Global Sugar Art and so far very happy purchasing from them.  If anyone else has had any other experiences with them please share.  Thanks!

ReneeFLL Posted 21 Jan 2013 , 5:06pm

A

Original message sent by zamora-short

I have shopped with Global Sugar Art and so far very happy purchasing from them.  If anyone else has had any other experiences with them please share.  Thanks!

There are several threads on here about them. There have been a lot of problems.

http://cakecentral.com/t/751634/trouble-with-global-sugar-art

FromScratchSF Posted 21 Jan 2013 , 5:13pm

I have dealt with Pilar at Sunflower Sugar Art and purchased from them several times with no issues.

zamora-short Posted 22 Jan 2013 , 7:42pm

Yes, Pilar, is the one who I have emails from and she was the one who told me to "F*** OFF".  Still no response from them....have also contacted them on FB..nothing.  :(

zamora-short Posted 22 Jan 2013 , 7:42pm

Thank you!

zamora-short Posted 23 Jan 2013 , 3:27pm

Okay, so here is what is going on now.  Very interesting....the almost $80 (it was $74) has been returned to our account that was taken out sometime around this past Friday, it is now Wednesday.  I never ever did get a hold of anyone at Sunflower Sugar Art.  BUT not only has the money that was taken out returned, there in now a credit of $37 from Sunflower to my account.  I am really thrown off by this so I did a search on my bank statements for Sunflower.  It shows that I only did business with them one time in July of 2012 and my exact purchase amount was for $37.  I can only ASSUME (since I cannot get a response at all from them) that Pilar is crediting my money back from over 6 months ago?????  It is weird since the last contact from Pilar at Sunflower was hostile.  We have not had contact at all since that first order I placed so this is a bit baffling to me.  My first reaction was to think "Oh, maybe they were convicted about their behavior and just trying to turn over a new leaf and do the right thing and just make amends."  In general I am all about forgiveness and I was going to try and contact them again.  But my husband said no out of concern for me since I was pretty upset back then when I received that hostile email.  He thinks we should wait a bit especially since they have made no attempt to contact me back.  But I at least felt that I should update my status here.  Soooo,  maybe maybe maybe they are looking to make amends.  If that is the case and I hear from them then I willing to extend forgiveness and give another chance (with a money order to be safe).  I am a little hopeful....I truly don't like negative tension with anyone (even if I have never met them).

zamora-short Posted 23 Jan 2013 , 3:28pm

Okay, so here is what is going on now.  Very interesting....the almost $80 (it was $74) has been returned to our account that was taken out sometime around this past Friday, it is now Wednesday.  I never ever did get a hold of anyone at Sunflower Sugar Art.  BUT not only has the money that was taken out returned, there in now a credit of $37 from Sunflower to my account.  I am really thrown off by this so I did a search on my bank statements for Sunflower.  It shows that I only did business with them one time in July of 2012 and my exact purchase amount was for $37.  I can only ASSUME (since I cannot get a response at all from them) that Pilar is crediting my money back from over 6 months ago?????  It is weird since the last contact from Pilar at Sunflower was hostile.  We have not had contact at all since that first order I placed so this is a bit baffling to me.  My first reaction was to think "Oh, maybe they were convicted about their behavior and just trying to turn over a new leaf and do the right thing and just make amends."  In general I am all about forgiveness and I was going to try and contact them again.  But my husband said no out of concern for me since I was pretty upset back then when I received that hostile email.  He thinks we should wait a bit especially since they have made no attempt to contact me back.  But I at least felt that I should update my status here.  Soooo,  maybe maybe maybe they are looking to make amends.  If that is the case and I hear from them then I willing to extend forgiveness and give another chance (with a money order to be safe).  I am a little hopeful....I truly don't like negative tension with anyone (even if I have never met them).

SunflowerPilar Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 3:24am

Danette

I was completely unaware of your situation until about two weeks ago - when i was forwarded a copy of your formal complaint to the BBB. Although we were NOT instructed to do so; I chose to offer you a full refund and extra credit for your original order of $30 with the extra credit for any personal damages. 

I believe this is an adequate solution. Now I ask that you please cease and desist from spreading false and inaccurate information about our business! We are in no way a predatory company and we have NEVER been formally charged with credit card fraud - THIS IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE AND A PUBLIC RECORD You are free to search for our business on any federal database and you will find that our record is excellent. Coincidentally we receive MANY compliments for our speedy service and excellent quality of our artisans' craftwork in producing each food-grade silicone mold and sterilized tin plate cutter BY HAND. This is not a typical method of manufacturing products - which explains the pricing of our MADE IN USA goods. 

Despite the fact that we HANDCRAFT each of our products we are able to deliver 90% of our online orders within 48 hours. On average we receive 20/orders day and our customers NEVER ONCE complain.

This is the first complaint I hear of and Danette it is simply because I had my ex-secretary tend to our customer service emails. This is a normal practice at most business and it was necessary that I do this so I could focus on my international business trips to sugar art and cake decorating exhibitions to teach, network and judge. Since I have received your complaint, this employee has been dismissed and I now personally answer EACH and EVERY email.

I believe your complaints are specifically about the cheap, MADE IN CHINA silicone molds that Wilton sells. I apologize that sunflowersugarartusa.com does not sell cheaply produced Chinese molds that rip, tear and are NOT APPROVED for use with food, but we prize excellent quality over anything else.

Sweet Regards,

Pilar Gonzalez-Nugent

CEO/Founder

Sunflower Sugar Art USA

SunflowerPilar Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 3:27am

I ask that you please cease and desist from spreading false and inaccurate information about our business! We are in no way a predatory company and we have NEVER been formally charged with credit card fraud - THIS IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE AND A PUBLIC RECORD You are free to search for our business on any federal database and you will find that our record is excellent. Coincidentally we receive MANY compliments for our speedy service and excellent quality of our artisans' craftwork in producing each food-grade silicone mold and sterilized tin plate cutter BY HAND. This is not a typical method of manufacturing products - which explains the pricing of our MADE IN USA goods. 

Despite the fact that we HANDCRAFT each of our products we are able to deliver 90% of our online orders within 48 hours. On average we receive 20/orders day and our customers NEVER ONCE complain.

This is the first complaint I hear of about Danette it is simply because I had my ex-secretary tend to our customer service emails. This is a normal practice at most business and it was necessary that I do this so I could focus on my international business trips to sugar art and cake decorating exhibitions to teach, network and judge. Since I have received your complaint, this employee has been dismissed and I now personally answer EACH and EVERY email.

I believe your complaints are specifically about the cheap, MADE IN CHINA silicone molds that Wilton sells. Sorry that sunflowersugarartusa.com does not sell cheaply produced Chinese molds that rip, tear and are NOT APPROVED for use with food.

Sweet Regards,

Pilar Gonzalez-Nugent

CEO/Founder

Sunflower Sugar Art USA

SunflowerPilar Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 3:28am

I ask that you please cease and desist from spreading false and inaccurate information about our business! We are in no way a predatory company and we have NEVER been formally charged with credit card fraud - THIS IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE AND A PUBLIC RECORD You are free to search for our business on any federal database and you will find that our record is excellent. Coincidentally we receive MANY compliments for our speedy service and excellent quality of our artisans' craftwork in producing each food-grade silicone mold and sterilized tin plate cutter BY HAND. This is not a typical method of manufacturing products - which explains the pricing of our MADE IN USA goods. 

This is the first complaint I hear of about Danette it is simply because I had my ex-secretary tend to our customer service emails. This is a normal practice at most business and it was necessary that I do this so I could focus on my international business trips to sugar art and cake decorating exhibitions to teach, network and judge. Since I have received your complaint, this employee has been dismissed and I now personally answer EACH and EVERY email.

I believe your complaints are specifically about the cheap, MADE IN CHINA silicone molds that Wilton sells. Sorry that sunflowersugarartusa.com does not sell cheaply produced Chinese molds that rip, tear and are NOT APPROVED for use with food.

Sweet Regards,

Pilar Gonzalez-Nugent

CEO/Founder

Sunflower Sugar Art USA

SunflowerPilar Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 3:28am

Sweet Regards,

Pilar Gonzalez-Nugent

CEO/Founder

Sunflower Sugar Art USA

SunflowerPilar Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 3:29am

Happy to take your order  sunflowersugarartusa.com !

Pilar Gonzalez-Nugent

CEO/Founder

Sunflower Sugar Art USA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%