Macbeth Cake

Decorating By mandirombold Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 8:42pm by sugarandslice

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone I really need some help here. I need to make a Macbeth Themed Cake for my, much younger than me, brother in law's highschool class. All I can get out of him is it can be a scene of the play or just a Macbeth theme. I thought maybe a Macbeth book with a crown and a dagger on top. Kind of plan for my taste. I could really use some ideas.
Thanks everyone

5 replies
sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:48am
post #2 of 6

I like your idea of the book with crown and knife. Perhaps you could add a woman's hand with a bloodstain on it. (You know: "Out damn spot")

Or you could do the witches' cauldron with figures of the three wierd sisters and a quote from them, "Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble" etc

Sounds like a really fun cake to make.

kel58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kel58 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 4:09am
post #3 of 6

I like idea of the three witches sugarandslice. A fog with just the sillouettes of the witches would look nice I think. I would try google images for some inpiration.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 4:40am
post #4 of 6

the woods...marching

a candle that has obviously been PUT OUT (saw "That Scottish Play" with Ian McKellen in the title roll -- when he did "Out Out brief candle..." he smashed his hand into the top of a tall lit pillar candle and then as he sat on the throne during the rest of the soliloquy picked the melted wax off and flung it away contemptuously)

a bucket of blood (gross but referenced after Duncan's murder)

an open book or scroll -- blood spotted of course, dagger optional -- with the prophecy -- (would be thane, but not hold thrown, safe until woods marched and no man born of woman could kill him

for REAL gross out -- a baby lying in a pool of blood next to mother's dead body - her stomach cut open -- it's McDuff of course untimely ripped from his mother's womb! (the boys would so love this and the girls would be so totally grossed out!)

and a little image for more inspiration
LL

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 6

thankyou guys so much for ur ideas, I would love to make a hand but never have, any one know the best way. Seems like it might be pretty hard. I would love to come up with a way to do all of these.

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 6

I've never done a hand either. Perhaps you can make a mold of your own hand somehow?! icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%