Corporate Offerings

Business By saberger Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 5:49pm by indydebi

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 8

I have a question. Do any of you offer special corporate discounts for cookies or truffles or gift basket/towers? If so, how much of a discount? Also, may I ask how you approach or advertise to them?

TIA!

7 replies
CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 12:54am
post #2 of 8

Why would they get a discount? I'm not following your logic.

saberger Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 1:16am
post #3 of 8

Well, I thought that if I wanted to offer a particular product (like cookies) to the corporate world and want them to order A LOT, then I thought I should or would need to offer some incentive like a discount.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 1:23am
post #4 of 8

10% off orders of over 300 cookies. That's a popular discount.

saberger Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:43am
post #5 of 8

Thanks for sharing the info. Is there ever some other kind of package/deal ever offered for cakes or truffles or gift sets?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 8

It's your business, what do you want to offer? What are you comfortable with? Every business is different with discounts (or lack thereof.)

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 8

You might want to PM Indydebi about this thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 8

As we worked to diversify our customer base (didn't want to be 100% wedding catering ... wanted to move into more corporate caterings), we quickly discovered that corporate customers dont' really care about price as much as brides do. No quibbling, no arguing, not much negotiation. Any negotiation was more along the lines of "what do I have to cut out to meet the amount of money I was given to spend?" compared to a bride's negotiation of "how much will you knock off of the price because I can't afford that much but STILL want all of this stuff?"

You don't really "need" a discount to get in the door with a corporation. Part of it is the psychology of the person ordering the food for the meeting isnt' spending THEIR money .... they're spending the company's money.

As far as discounts that I've given: Corporate client who had a standing order for 300 drop cookies PER DAY ..... over 1500 cookies a week. Now, THEY got a discounted price. thumbs_up.gif

Dealing with corporate clients is MUCH easier than dealing with brides and moms!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%