..paint Rainbow?

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 11:23pm by TexasSugar

ZlatkaT Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 4

I would like to do a Rainbow on my next project... and I don't want to pipe it as I don't want to stand it out much (like faraway). And I don't have an airbrush, but I could buy the Wilton spray. Now here comes the dumb question icon_redface.gif
How do I spray the lines and not to over-spray them over with next color - do I have to somehow cover the line I sprayed before to make another?
OR do I have another option like paint them with brush and color diluted with Vodka - BUT my icing will be SMBC ????
Sorry, but I never use spray and I never painted on cream. I think the SMBC or IMBC in the fridge would harden enough to use a brush...and it would be cheaper that buying the sprays. Any comments?

3 replies
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 4

Have you seen this thread?

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-664399-rainbow.html

To avoid over spray I'd use a piece of paper cut in the half circle shape, maybe even cut the rainbow strip out to make a template.

ZlatkaT Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 4

TexasSugar
thank you, good idea with the template. I have read the previous thread, where you mentioned you have painted on BC, do you think it would work on cold cake iced with SMBC? Maybe using gel colors, instead of buying 5 cans of spray just for the Rainbow?

TexasSugar Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 4

I have no experience with SMBC so I really have no idea. Maybe those that use it can help you with that one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%