Need Creative Ideas Please

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 5:23pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 8

Have a retirement cake due on the 26th. It's for a woman who has worked in the school district all her life but after retirement she plans to work on her house, replacing toilets, upkeep, etc. Her co workers are going in together to get her a home depot gift card. I think cake size will be an 11X15. Would appreciate any ideas!

7 replies
GL79 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 8

The only idea I have is don't make it related to school. Make it girly, have you considered in making it a tier cake?

Renaejrk Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 8

You could make a house being renovated!

TheCakerator Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 8

I haven't considered making it a tier cake. My sister will be picking it up the day before I would imagine, and she lives a half hour from me, so it's a half hour to her house, then another half hour drive the next day to her school. I just figured a sheet cake would travel better.

Im really drawing a blank on this one.

sarkee Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 8

I did a "Road of Life" type cake for a man who retired from the Department of Corrections. It's just like the over the hill cakes and road of life cakes on this site. I just tweeked it starting with the beginning of his career and ending at the top with his retirement. He didn't really know what he wanted to do after retirement so i made a little man sitting in a chair with a football theme since he loves the NY Giants. I don't have it in my pics on here, but if you want to see it I can send it to you later. It is 3 tiers though. HTH Good Luck

mrswendel Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 8

What about some fondant tools (blinged out of course!), along with some home reno/DIY magazines on top of your sheet cake. Make the sheet look like a table top or work bench....."Goodbye education, hello renovation!"

megmarie Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswendel

What about some fondant tools (blinged out of course!), along with some home reno/DIY magazines on top of your sheet cake. Make the sheet look like a table top or work bench....."Goodbye education, hello renovation!"

Love the idea - the tools should be PINK!

TheCakerator Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 5:23pm
post #8 of 8

yes I like that idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%