Decorating Mini Wedding Cakes?

Decorating By j_arney Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 3:44pm by Jeannem

j_arney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_arney Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 6

How would you decorate the mini cakes that come out of this pan:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00188HVXW/?tag=cakecentral-20

I'm hosting my sister's bridal shower in March, and I thought this would be a great favor. Would a pour-over fondant or ganache cover it properly?

Thanks!!!

5 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 6

Haven't done it, but can't you cover them all at once?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 6

Decorating mini-wedding cakes:
(Fondant or buttercream.)

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/whatshot/minicake.aspx

HTH

j_arney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_arney Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 6

It is all one piece, so if using regular fondant it would be covered at one time. But with it being so small, I'm wondering if a poured fondant/ganache would be easier.

Vampyra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vampyra Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 6

please may I suggest that you look at an English website....Lindy's Cakes....she has a book "Cakes to Inspire and Desire"...there are some lovely wedding cakes plus matching mini cakes with full instructions.
Each one is covered individually with sugarpaste/gumpaste and then decorated with made flowers and/or beads and crystals.

Vampyra

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 6

IMHO-these cakes look great in the picture, but will be very difficult to do and make look smooth. They don't always come out of the pan in one nice piece, and if they do, there is always the "crumb texture" on the outside to deal with. Just try making a cupcake without a liner-get it out of the pan, cover it with ganache. Not an easy feat, and these triple layer cakes will be much more difficult.

I don't mean to be Debbie downer, but I'd definitely do a trial run with cupcakes before investing $30 on a pan I won't use often.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%