post #1 of 22

Event SummaryEvent Name: XXXXXX Quinceanera
Type of Event: Other
Number of Attendees: 200
Date: Saturday, 6/12/2010 4:00pm
Event Location: XXXXXXX
Event Duration in Days: 1
Total Event Budget: $200
Planner's Comments: I would like a "Cinderella" theme cake for a sweet 16 (15) in Pink & mint color

icon_confused.gif Really? icon_rolleyes.gif

21 replies
newmansmom2004 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 22

Cake for 200 people for $200??? Homey don't think so.

_Jamie_ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 22

Oh no, newman's....that's the budget for the entire event. Somehow, the cake is included in that figure. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 22

LOL!

Ruth0209 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 22

I get a lot of these from Eventective, too. I delete all the ones with ridiculous budgets. I figure they'll be a headache from start to finish.

_Jamie_ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I get a lot of these from Eventective, too. I delete all the ones with ridiculous budgets. I figure they'll be a headache from start to finish.

I can't not reply. icon_twisted.gif I have to know what they are thinking, or if they typed in the wrong amount. I hardly ever hear back, but at least I tried! icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 22

Do you buy the lead? I have to pay $2.50 to get the info. I'm not that curious!!

LaBellaFlor Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

Quote:

I can't not reply. icon_twisted.gif I have to know what they are thinking, or if they typed in the wrong amount. I hardly ever hear back, but at least I tried! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif You are so crazy Jamie! Praying for you girl, praying for you. Let us know what they say if they reply! icon_twisted.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 22
Quote:

Do you buy the lead? I have to pay $2.50 to get the info. I'm not that curious!!

This one was free...showed the contact email, name and phone number. Sometimes they do cost, but I have yet to purchase one. I may have considered spenindg the money though, for this one!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LaBella-I sent a nice email letting her know I would be available to answer any questions about the design she wanted, and carefully and tactfully pointed out that the cake alone, for 200 people for the design she requests would be at least $1000.00 icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 5:28pm
post #10 of 22

I have never had one lead from Eventective that I thought looked right!

kellertur Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 5:52pm
post #11 of 22

Is Eventective legitamate? I have recently disabled my profile *they* set up because it seems odd to say the least. I'd like to be optimistic, but experience tells me to err on the side of caution...

My question is this: if I chose to delete the leads, do the customers think I am blowing them off? Is that how this works? If so, that is SO wrong...
Has anyone actually had any verbal or face to face contact with an Eventective customer?

Thank you.

newmansmom2004 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 6:10pm
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

Oh no, newman's....that's the budget for the entire event. Somehow, the cake is included in that figure. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

OK, I totally missed that even tho it's right there in front of me! Now Homey is saying something more along the lines of "Holy sh**"! LOL!

Ruth0209 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 7:03pm
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertur

Is Eventective legitamate? I have recently disabled my profile *they* set up because it seems odd to say the least. I'd like to be optimistic, but experience tells me to err on the side of caution...

My question is this: if I chose to delete the leads, do the customers think I am blowing them off? Is that how this works? If so, that is SO wrong...
Has anyone actually had any verbal or face to face contact with an Eventective customer?

Thank you.

Yes, Eventective is legitimate, and I have received numerous good leads that resulted in cake bookings from there.

The customer puts in a request for vendors they want, Eventective matches their request to the vendors who've signed up at the site who provide those services and sends the lead to all the vendors who match. As a vendor, you purchase the lead if you want it and contact the customer.

Numerous cake vendors can purchase the lead and contact the customer. I only have to pay $2.50 for the lead if I want it based on the basic information they give me, such as what was posted. Some leads are free. I don't know why that is. I think it's a decent resource - one of many.

cakesdivine Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm
post #14 of 22

The other day was the FIRST response I have ever had from an eventective lead. Funny thing is they said they are doing a wedding for 200 but their total event budget is $25000 - pretty respectable so I bought the lead. Sent my blanket email about my company with link to my website. I received a response telling me that they would love to attend a free sampling however they are on a budget and can't afford more than $400 on a cake. icon_eek.gif oh and that $400 would also have to include a grooms cake.

kellertur Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #15 of 22

Has anyone gone through the entire process yet, completed cake, delivery etc.? Before I sign back on, I want to be absolutely sure...

All the leads I get are for $2.50 and that can add up, especially if you are up against many others. So far, I've hit delete...

Also~ if you delete the request instead of hitting the PASS button, do the customers think we are blowing them off? That is what I'd like to know...

Thank you for your help. icon_smile.gif

idgalpal Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 8:34pm
post #16 of 22

This kind of sounds like the "Priceline' version of getting a cake.

Ruth0209 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:12pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertur

Has anyone gone through the entire process yet, completed cake, delivery etc.? Before I sign back on, I want to be absolutely sure...

All the leads I get are for $2.50 and that can add up, especially if you are up against many others. So far, I've hit delete...

Also~ if you delete the request instead of hitting the PASS button, do the customers think we are blowing them off? That is what I'd like to know...

Thank you for your help. icon_smile.gif

There's no risk to you in having your information on Eventective. It doesn't cost you anything unless you want to buy a lead. You just have to delete the e-mail if you don't want the lead.

As I said in my previous post, yes, I've received numerous cake orders from the leads I've purchased.

And, no, the bride doesn't get a list of the businesses that her lead has been sent to, so she's not going to feel like you're "blowing her off." My post above describes how the process works. I doubt a bride would think that anyway. She'd proably just assume her price point was too low so you didn't contact her.

Ruth0209 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:20pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

This kind of sounds like the "Priceline' version of getting a cake.

Not exactly. As a vendor you list your products offered, price point, delivery area, etc. When brides put in the information about the vendors they're looking for, Eventective matches you up and sends the offer to buy the lead to all the vendors that matched. Any of the vendors can buy the lead and all of them can contact her to try to sell her their product. The vendors don't try to outbid each other. It's just a way to connect buyers with sellers.

When I buy the lead, I send a standard e-mail describing what I offer, list my web address and ask them to call me if they'd like a consultation and tasting. I assume all the other cake decorators who bought the lead do the same.

kellertur Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:58pm
post #19 of 22

Ruth0209 ~ Thank you, and I'm sorry if I misunderstood your previous post and asked the same questions twice. I appreciate your help. icon_smile.gif I'm relieved to hear that this is not a scam.

I may enable my info again on that site...

Thank you for taking the time to respond. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 10:06pm
post #20 of 22

I don't think brides/moms know how to fill out the Eventective form. There are just too many with ridiculous "event budget" figures.

Ruth0209 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 10:10pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I don't think brides/moms know how to fill out the Eventective form. There are just too many with ridiculous "event budget" figures.

Plus, I think that early in the planning process they haven't gotten to that moment of the harsh reality of how much EVERYTHING wedding related costs.

When my daughter and I started to plan her wedding, I thought I could budget $500 for a good photographer. As if. We were very lucky to find one for $800 and most were $1500 and up. We were very naive at that point.

Eventective Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 7:11pm
post #22 of 22

Just wanted to share some information about Eventective. Our site is visited by 1.2 million people a month, planning events and looking for venues and vendors. The majority demographic represents brides planning their wedding and related events, followed by parties and corporate events.

You can reach us at 207.253.1653, or email us at [email protected] between 8 AM and 5 PM EST. We are here to answer any questions, concerns, or set your business up with a free trial offer. Eventective offers a FULL refund of every lead purchase that is invalid (incorrect email address or phone), or is a non-response 12 days after the lead purchase date. If the bride or individual does not respond after 12 days, you get a full refund. We work with clients on a daily basis to ensure their listing is updated, they are satisfied with the leads, and are not wasting their money.

Eventective leads are event requests created directly by these individuals as they browse venue and vendor listings by city and state. Here is how the leads are created: When a bride or individual planning an event finds a venue or vendor listing they like, they can click on the red Contact button on the detail listing and enter their event details. This event request is sent DIRECTLY to the business as a FREE direct lead. This lead is free as the bride or individual is contacting the venue or vendor directly. As a venue or vendor, you do not have to pay for this lead. In other words, when the bride is sending an event request thru the detail listing for the venue or vendor, Eventective does not charge the business, or the bride.

If the bride or individual chooses to have their event details sent to other venues or vendors in the area, they can make that selection in the event details form (by selecting various vendor types), and their event request is sent to those selected vendor types as an indirect lead. The bride or individual does not know which specific venue or vendors received the lead. The venue or vendor who receives this indirect lead can view all the event details and then decide to purchase that lead and contact the bride or individual directly regarding their event. Or, if the event details are not a fit, the venue or vendor can ignore the lead. Ignoring the indirect lead by not purchasing it does not damage the venue or vendors reputation, as the individual does not know which specific business received their indirect lead.

There is no cost for a venue or vendor to have a simple listing on Eventective, and there is no cost to brides/individuals to send their event requests to area venues and vendors. Please review the information on Eventective that explains our Pay Per Lead Program - http://www.eventective.com/contactus/contactusfaq.aspx?nodeSelected=contactus/3/20 and here is some feedback from clients who have used Eventective and benefited from the leads - http://www.eventective.com/tmplt/tmplt.aspx?cmsuid=testimonial

Again, please do not hesitate to contact us at 207.253.1653 or email us at [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%