Cake Tasting

Decorating By madgab Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 5:28pm by Kitagrl

madgab Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 6

What types of cakes do you offer @ your cake testing? Does your bride select or do you recommend most popular? Also,what's your most requested?

5 replies
Shannon1129 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 6

For my tastings, I let them choose three flavors. My most requested are Snickerdoodle Cake, Double Chocolate, and White Almond. I usually recommend those.

Of course, my tastings are offered with a hold the date deposit.

Auntie_RaRa Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 6

For me, I offer two at no charge and additional flavors they pay for. Kinda hard to say most requested.

LaBellaFlor Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 6

The bride does NOT select the flavors. If you allowed the bride to choose, it is not very cost efficient. Imagine havine 5 tastings and doing different flavors for everyone. I do 4 flavors: Red Velvet Cake (I'm in the South), chocolate, almond, & white. I don't really see white as a flavor, but people really do. I have a lemon curd, chocolate ganche, SMBC, cream cheese frosting, and some MMF.

tarheelgirl Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 6

I just did a tasting this morning.. I offered lemon, white almond, coconut/coconut bc and red velvet. I always take the white almond because just about every wedding cake I have made is with that flavor. Usually I do whatever flavors are on hand from other cakes of the week.

Kitagrl Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:28pm
post #6 of 6

I still don't get a whole ton of tastings yet. Mostly party orders...and *some* tastings.

Anyway I offer a free tasting using whatever cakes I have on hand (sometimes I have extra batter and put some in the freezer). Or a custom tasting for $25 and they choose three flavors and fillings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%