Hi I'm New Here!

Decorating By KellzNZ Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 1:48am by cookiemama2

KellzNZ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 2:42am
post #1 of 14

And can I just say you all have beautiful cakes! I am a beginner, so I'm just getting started. You are all an inspiration! I am from New Zealand, so some of your ingredients and terms are different to ours, so I muddle along as best as I can!

I will be trying to get a lot of practice in the next little while as I want to attempt my first tiered cake for our 1st wedding anniversary coming up on the 21st of March (this will also double as my birthday cake - birthday on 22nd March!) So I will need a lot of practice at piping and decorating to do it any justice at all! So thank you in advance for all of your help - there is so much to learn on here already! (Tutorials here I come! lol)

13 replies
Elise87 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #2 of 14

Hey Kellz, welcome to CC!

Yeh i'm in oz and when i first came on i got confused about a few terms that are different but you'll soon figure it out.

I know there is a thread on here about the difference bewteen our terms and the US's but i am not sure where it is, when i do i will let you know and will post it.

Btw there also is a thread about converting stuff from US to metric but i am not sure where that is either lol how unorganised am I icon_rolleyes.gif but hopefull someone else might be able to help you with the above, but in the mean time i can offer you this link where you will find a conversion websites:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6676477-.html#6676477

Here is also something that might help you on here too:

http://cakecentral.com/acronyms/

HTH icon_smile.gif

cblupe Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #3 of 14

Welcome to CC! You have come to the right place for inspiration, lessons learned and all the free advice you can handle. Good luck in your pursuits.

kiwigal81 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:45am
post #4 of 14

Hi,
Welcome to CC! I'm a newb too, and from NZ. There are a few things we can't get here that seem fab (Viva unlined paper towelsicon_smile.gif but it's a fab site! Feel free to drop us a line if you'd like to chat with another kiwiicon_smile.gif

tastyart Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:02am
post #5 of 14

Let me add my welcome. Glad to have you here!

Lcubed82 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 4:21am
post #6 of 14

Welcome!

Teekakes Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 14

Welcome to CC, Kellz! icon_smile.gif

Bluehue Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 14

Welcome aboard fellow ANZAC - glad to have you join CC -

Bluehue... icon_smile.gif

Renaejrk Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:57pm
post #9 of 14

Welcome! Good luck on your cake and make sure to ask for any help you need!

all4cake Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 2:06pm
post #10 of 14

Welcome KellzNZ!

greengyrl26 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 2:14pm
post #11 of 14

Welcome! I think you'll find all the help you could ever need from this site! Everyone is so willing to help & share their ideas, expertise & insider tips....its amazing!

KellzNZ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:03pm
post #12 of 14

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will be sure to ask for help when I need it! icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87: Thank you for those links, they are helpful!

*waves* to all the ANZACs! icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 1:28am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellzNZ

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will be sure to ask for help when I need it! icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87: Thank you for those links, they are helpful!

*waves* to all the ANZACs! icon_biggrin.gif

thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif
Bluehue

cookiemama2 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 1:48am
post #14 of 14

Thats my anniversary to!!!
Welcome to CC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%