Do You Ever Offer Promotions/specials, % Off, Etc?

Business By kellertur Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 1:37am by kellertur

kellertur Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:49am
post #1 of 8

Right after Christmas, things have come to a screeching halt (probably normal with all businesses), BUT ~

Do you ever do mailings to previous customer with specials or % off or coupons to increase business during slow times? Are you only using previous customers or...?

Thank you for your time. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Deb_ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:59am
post #2 of 8

Hey stranger....it's so good to see you on here again. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Yes, once a year usually around the end of this month I do an e-mail promotion to everyone that ordered from me last year.

I offer them a 15% discount coupon off a future order if they refer a client to me and that client purchases a cake.

When the new client either purchases a cake or signs a contract (with deposit) I then e-mail the coupon to the client that referred them to me.

It really works out well for me.

CakeForte Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:09am
post #3 of 8

I offer different types of promotions year round to drum up new business. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

That's just how marketing works. You have to throw a bunch of darts at the target and hope to get the bulls eye every once in awhile.

With the wedding industry, you have to think of it as a ripple effect...anything you do now....don't expect results right away....it has to ripple out before people will take action.

I've found it to take about 5-6 months.

kellertur Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:09am
post #4 of 8

Hello, Hello, Hello Deb!
Happy New Year (and good health) to you and your family!!

Thank you... that's what I would like to do. I like 15%, doesn't hurt as much as 25%... icon_wink.gif Sorry to be a geek, but do you send a long email or right to the point? Most of my orders have email address, but I was thinking of snail mailing the others...

Good to see you on here, it's been a while for me. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!

kellertur Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:13am
post #5 of 8

Cakeforte~ That makes sense now...I had a cake table last summer at an exhibit and it was months before I got any orders from it.

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:15am
post #6 of 8

I'll try to find the one I used last year and post it.....I haven't revamped it yet.

It's just like a coupon....like the ones that Bed, Bath and Beyond have on the back of their flier....that type of thing with all the details right on it.

Snail mail is ok too for the clients without e-mail. It's just a little easier to keep track of them through e-mail.

indydebi Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:25am
post #7 of 8

Dont' forget that you're also battling the first of the year weight loss resolutions (that last about 3 weeks, but they're there! dunce.gif ). So you might think of some kind of promotion that invites the New Year Health Conscious (like a mini cake?)

Get Valentine's Day ideas out in front of them, too.

kellertur Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:37am
post #8 of 8

Thanks Debi ~

I like the "mini" cake idea, so cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%