Drumming Up Business

Decorating By RetiredNavyChief Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 4:37pm by Shannon1129

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all, i am a hobby baker and do it from home (no license). I was wondering how to get more business other than word or mouth or recommendations. Any suggestions?

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 7

..moving to Cake Decorating forum. icon_smile.gif

cgarner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgarner Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 7

No ideas for your question but just wanted to say I'm from across the river in Anna!

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #4 of 7

start a Facebook page and/or a simple blog to showcase your products. That way, when people ask your clients where they got the cake, they have somewhere to point them to!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 10:03pm
post #5 of 7

do you need a license to sell cakes? if so, then advertising is looking for trouble. you can usually trust your friend not to turn you in, but the stranger who is either weird or wants a refund wont care.
if not, then there are a lot of good ways and some unusual suggestions on how to advertise in the business forum. mainly, a good website, and business cards.
xx

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:15am
post #6 of 7

Yes, if you live in an area where you have to be licensed, then advertising is a quick way to get yourself in trouble.

Shannon1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannon1129 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 7

I use both FB and a blogspot. Most of my business is coming from those sites now a days. If you choose to use FB, create a fan page. Those are great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%