Pricing An Iphone Cake

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm by LaBellaFlor

LoriMc Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 5

I have one this weekend and the customer has very specific directions on all the apps. I can just see that this is going to take me forever. She wants a price now. How can I figure the price before I know how long it will take?

Do you think it would be cheaper to have the grocery store print them out as edible images? It's $8 a sheet.

4 replies
tastyart Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 5

To me the important question would be if you want to spend your time on that detail. It might be totally worth having them printed, just figure that into your cost. I'm guessing that it would be cheeper to have the grocery store to print them rather than paying yourself per hour what you are worth. Also, aren't the apps small and multiple apps can be printed on one sheet?

pish Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 5

8 million dollars icon_biggrin.gif . I recently did an iphone cake (9x13) serving 45 and I only charged $4.00/serving. If I do another one, the price will be more like 6-7 /serving because it did take a long time for the apps and they were TINY! The cake is in my photos Hope that helps!

TexasSugar Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 5

I don't blame the customer for wanting the price ahead of time. Could solve all your problems if she decides she doesn't want to pay over a certain price.

What size cake are you doing? How many servings is it? How many sheets would you have to have printed if you go the EI route? How much is the cake gonna cost you to make?

LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pish

8 million dollars icon_biggrin.gif . I recently did an iphone cake (9x13) serving 45 and I only charged $4.00/serving. If I do another one, the price will be more like 6-7 /serving because it did take a long time for the apps and they were TINY! The cake is in my photos Hope that helps!

Your I-phone cake is AWESOME! I personally think they look nicer when done the way Phish did theres.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%