Desperate For Help - Juicy Couture Purse

Decorating By jerseybeachbum20 Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 9:01pm by jerseybeachbum20

jerseybeachbum20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseybeachbum20 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 9

Hi Fellow Cake Friends...
I recently did a really cute...VERY BASIC shaped purse cake for my sister's b-day. I'm really grateful that she sent the photo to everyone she knows...LOL...and I got wonderful compliments on it. Now, I have a potential client asking if I can do a Juicy Couture bag for his girlfriend...(did I mention he needs it this Friday icon_cry.gif )
I would really, really hate to say no before I can get some tips, help and possibly some detailed instructions from those who know best... icon_biggrin.gif
ANY help is greatly appreciated...
Thanks for reading...
Gina

8 replies
moscakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moscakes5 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1413926

I am sorry I cannot help with detailed instructions but I did find this cake on cc maybe you could pm the cake designer.
Good luck!

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 9

Do you have a picture of the Juicy purse he wants?

jerseybeachbum20 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 9

Hi Tastyart...
he said it doesnt matter since he's only given me 5 days notice...so I am trying to find something a little less complicated, but that I can do well...ya know??

tastyart Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 9

I was just browsing through this Juicy site http://www.juicycouture.com/shoponline/handbagsshoes/handbags/pg0 They have such awesome looking purses. The textures are going to be the biggest challenge. If you have an edible image printer that would help. I don't. I liked the look of the easy rider sachel(second from the left, 8th row). All the details could be made out of fondant and there is no printing to try to copy by hand. It's also not a slouchy design so it will be easier to carve. I hope you are getting paid handsomely for this one. It is going to be time consuming. It would also be fun to do. I'm a little jealous. Good luck!

tastyart Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 9

Just thouht of something. If you make the handle out of fondant you are going to have to do that ASAP in order for it to have time to dry. Hope your climate is not too humid. Are you on the beach?

jerseybeachbum20 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:46pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much tastyart. I will check out the link. I'm in very cold NJ...so no problem on the handle. I will use a combo of fondant & gumpaste so it will set up a bit quicker.
I'm not looking forward to this...I'm a wreck. thank you very much for your help!

tastyart Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:56pm
post #8 of 9

Don't stress. I'm sure you will do a great job. Sending prayers for stress free caking your way.

Oh, and don't forget to post a picture!

jerseybeachbum20 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:01pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you!! Pray for me...LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%