Okay Cc, I Need Some Ideas...help!

Decorating By BakerzJoy Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 3:22am by Doug

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 12

Got a request this morning from a client who wants me to do a baby shower cake. The theme is nursery rhymes and the rhymes they are using are Bah Bah black sheep, twinkle twinkle, hickory dickory dock, humpty dumpty, hey diddle diddle, the muffin man and Jack and jill.
I am stumped on what to do. I have done research in the galleries and found some tiered cakes with the nursery rhyme themes on them but I have been given 7 to incorporate. That's a lot!! Any ideas?? All will be appreciated!! Thank you!

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 12

..moving to Ideas forum. icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 12

How big does it need to be?

This one is not cake, but maybe it could inspire a cake like you need:

http://www.lindenwoodinc.com/UNCLEGOOSE/rhyme.html

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 12

Remember the toy See-N-Say? It was a big circle with images around the side and an arrow in the middle. You'd point the arrow to something and pull the string on the side and it would say somthing to match the image you'd chosen. I think that would be so cute as a cake. You could do fondant cut outs to represent the nursery rhymes to go around the outsides and if you need to do any writing, it could be in the middle. It might be a great way to incorporate so many elements. Just a thought.....Good luck.

BakerzJoy Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 12

I have written her back and asked her how many people she's expecting and if it's for a boy or girl. Those answers will help alot!! We'll see what she says. Thanks for your ideas jammjenks, that picture is inspiring. I will keep an eye on that idea.

jammjenks Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadak

Remember the toy See-N-Say? It was a big circle with images around the side and an arrow in the middle. You'd point the arrow to something and pull the string on the side and it would say somthing to match the image you'd chosen. I think that would be so cute as a cake. You could do fondant cut outs to represent the nursery rhymes to go around the outsides and if you need to do any writing, it could be in the middle. It might be a great way to incorporate so many elements. Just a thought.....Good luck.

good one!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:30pm
post #8 of 12

I'm not sure the size or shape you are planning on, but could you put a scene from each rhyme on a square panel, and then place the panels around the sides of the cake? Have the moon on the top of the cake, with a cow on wire jumping over it. And then each panel (painted on fondant squares, perhaps) with a different theme. I don't know if I'm making any sense...it's early.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:31pm
post #9 of 12

You could do cut outs of the nursery rhymes and put them around the cake with a cradle on top.

BakerzJoy Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:34pm
post #10 of 12

Great idea Jadak!! I'm keeping that in mind too, thanks!
I am good at cakes but still have alot to master and I can't write on cakes to save my life, nor can I paint. I am still a work in progress.
Your ideas are making sense averagemom, I just wish I could paint. That's a great idea and a great way to incorporate them all..thank you!

BakerzJoy Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:10am
post #11 of 12

Okay, she just emailed me back and said they don't know the sex of the baby and this cake will need to feed around 40-50 people.
Now, I need some BIG ideas!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #12 of 12

if you did the block stack in jammjenk's first suggestion...

with each block 4x4x4 inches that would serve 40 people. (4 - 2x2x2 servings a block)

add another 3 blocks just laying off around and not on stack and you get 52 servings.

-----

could also do a closed book cake -- "Favorite Fairy Tales" and then little illustrations scattered across the cover

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%