Fondant Banana's Need Help

Decorating By awestervelt Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 1:27am by BlakesCakes

awestervelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awestervelt Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:48am
post #1 of 8

How do you make those little fondant banana's? I have someone who is wanting me to make a curious George on top of a bunch of banana's. I'm not sure how to make the banana's. Any suggestion's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Alisha

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:41am
post #2 of 8

Start with large/little yellow fondant sausage shapes and taper then curve. Add additional color detail/s as desired:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=bananas&album=-&search_user=
As you can see in these cakes, they're not all the same.

HTH

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 8

candy/soap/chocolate molds.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 8

I made some and just free handed them. Just like JanH said. They were very easy and looked pretty real. I used Americolor markers to add the accent colors.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 8

Don't worry about them all being exactly alike, when you buy bananas they are all a little different - size, curve, coloring, etc! Have fun and good luck!

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 8

I made mine using a clay extruder. I just made a long rope, then cut them to the lengths I wanted. Then I tapered each end. Once they were dry, I dipped the each end in some brown gel color that I had thinned a little with vanilla.

momofwar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofwar Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:10am
post #7 of 8

Wow, glad I found this! I'm making a Curious George cake later this month, too. Not to hijack this post, but what about making the "peeled" bananas? I've seen some cakes where George is holding a peeled banana. Does anyone have tips for making those?

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:27am
post #8 of 8

At the prospect of making dozens of these bananas, I take the lazy man's approach and buy this:

http://www.vanyulay.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=767&idcategory=0

icon_lol.gif
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%