I Was Gone For A Tiny While!

Lounge By adree313 Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 3:43am by adree313

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 9

Ok, I know no one noticed, but I was gone for about a week. icon_biggrin.gif

I finally signed back in today, clicked on "view posts since last visit," and there were 25 pages icon_eek.gif

I've missed reading everyone's posts and words of wisdom!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year!! Mine started off amazing! I was offered a permanent position at Michaels after the holiday season! (Some may remember my work dilemma last summer.) That same day I won $100 off a scractcher lottery ticket! And the best part? That all happened on Jan 1st. Talk about an amazing way to start off the year.

My oldest friend came to visit me. I hadn't seen her since I moved here nearly a year ago. We had an amazing time and didn't waste a second.

It hasn't even been 2 weeks in the new year yet and I'm already blown away! icon_biggrin.gif

(Oh, and you may notice, I've changed my ways... the shift button is my friend now icon_biggrin.gif I've been sending a lot of business/professional emails. I thought you'd be proud lol)

I'm looking forward to re-starting my daily routine of checking CC and CakeWrecks on my down time!

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:52am
post #2 of 9

Well welcome back! Happy New Year, I'm so happy about your job that's great.

annnnnnnnnnd I did notice I haven't seen you posting for a little bit, so you were missed!

lol.....when I was on vacation in September one morning at breakfast I said to my DH "I wonder if the CC gals miss me" he just rolled his eyes. icon_lol.gif

They just don't get it....... icon_wink.gif

adree313 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:25am
post #3 of 9

Nope, they don't!

I made a cake with my friend while she was here and it was the best time. It was a straight box mix. I let her mix it (by hand; no KA!) and I let her "smooth" the frosting on with a spatula. All I could think about how relaxing it was to be out of control with no stress over smoothness and straight sides! She thought I was nuts of course, but it was a nice break for me!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:45am
post #4 of 9

Welcome back...and we are so happy you learned the shift key. icon_wink.gif

adree313 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:48am
post #5 of 9

I thought it would be accepted with open arms icon_biggrin.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:21am
post #6 of 9

It's nice to see you back! Sounds like you've had a good start to the year. Let's hope it spreads to all of us!! I had a job interview Friday, so this week I'll be sitting by the phone hoping for a good call. Actually, I'll probably go skiing tomorrow.

I booked a wedding cake order today for a cake for $650!! My biggest order ever. Very exciting.

The shift key IS our friend. : )

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 9

It sounds like 2010 is going to be a banner year for you. Woo hoo!!!! Thanks for sharing your good news thumbs_up.gif

Oh, and did you actually go thru ALL 25 pages of missed posts??

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:12pm
post #8 of 9

Wow, good for you. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by adree313

Oh, and you may notice, I've changed my ways... the shift button is my friend now icon_biggrin.gif I've been sending a lot of business/professional emails. I thought you'd be proud lol)

Thanks, I noticed right away. thumbs_up.gif

adree313 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:43am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Oh, and did you actually go thru ALL 25 pages of missed posts??

I did icon_redface.gif I didn't open and read all of them, but I did look at the title of each and every post to see if I should read them icon_biggrin.gif

And Ruth, congrats on the huge cake order! I do hope it's a great year for everybody. Everyone deserves a good year finally!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%