4" Square Cookie Cutter

Baking By just_for_fun Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm by luv2bake6

just_for_fun Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:43am
post #1 of 13

Does anyone know where I can find a 4" cookie cutter that is not part of a set? I also don't want it to be expensive, as these cookies are a donation and the stencil will be costing me about double of what I was expecting. I still want to make what they want but it shouldn't cost me tons! TIA

12 replies
Lcubed82 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #2 of 13

I use a pizza cutter and acrylic ruler (dedicated to baking- DO NOT put thru dishwasher- I will be buying another!) to cut large squares. I have not been able to find the sizes I need. roll out dough, cut into 4" strips, then cut those into 4" squares.
Good luck!

pattycakesnj Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:16am
post #3 of 13

Just for fun, I got mine at Chef Central, a store in NJ but they have one in NY too. I believe they are actually biscuit cutters but I use them for cookies

newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:17am
post #4 of 13

Do a google search for cookie cutters and you'll get several sites that have simple shapes (squares, rounds, etc.) in varying sizes that are very inexpensive.

OR...purchase an inexpensive cutter at a local hobby shop, cut it open and re-shape it into the size and shape you need. I have a friend who does this all the time.

indydebi Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:36am
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

I use a pizza cutter and acrylic ruler (dedicated to baking- DO NOT put thru dishwasher- I will be buying another!) to cut large squares. I have not been able to find the sizes I need. roll out dough, cut into 4" strips, then cut those into 4" squares.
Good luck!

that was going to be my suggestion, also.

Peeverly Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:28pm
post #6 of 13

This is very hard to find. You would think that it would be easy but for some reason I haven't been able to find one. I've used a square top to a tupperware container. You don't get the sharp cut lines but it works.

just_for_fun Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 13

I was thinking of doing the pizza cutter thing, but I wanted an easier way. I'll try to find Chef Central, otherwise will have to do it the hard way. (300 cookies, oh my!)

FromScratch Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:27pm
post #8 of 13

300 cookies... for a donation??? Are you mad woman??? icon_wink.gif

just_for_fun Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:42pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

300 cookies... for a donation??? Are you mad woman??? icon_wink.gif

A little mad... icon_eek.gif I am not a legal baker, so I cannot sell anything. So, I look for reasons to bake. This is a fundraiser for our synogogue and my kids' school. Instead of giving money, I bake something every year. This will be my contribution this year. The crazy part is that this month, I have a cousin getting married that I had offered to make 150 cookies as a gift (like the ones I made a few weeks ago, white with silver stenciling), and for another organization, I volunteered 300 butterflies baked on sticks, decorated to match their theme. When I volunteered, I did not realize that they are all within one month. icon_cry.gif But it will be fun!

FromScratch Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:07pm
post #10 of 13

LOL... well I can see the reason then. But still.. a wee bit mad. (but that's what makes it fun right? cooking kids... baking 750 (donated) cookies in a month's time it's all good!! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif)

just know I'm joking about the cooking the kiddo part... I love that picture!

newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 13
bm162003 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 13

just_for_fun I also live in brooklyn I just got some sqare cookie cutter at
Pfeil & holing they are in 58-15 northern boulevard I thing I pay $8.50 for it try maybe it work for you.

luv2bake6 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm
post #13 of 13

quote}A little mad... icon_eek.gif I am not a legal baker, so I cannot sell anything. So, I look for reasons to bake. This is a fundraiser for our synogogue and my kids' school. Instead of giving money, I bake something every year. This will be my contribution this year. The crazy part is that this month, I have a cousin getting married that I had offered to make 150 cookies as a gift (like the ones I made a few weeks ago, white with silver stenciling), and for another organization, I volunteered 300 butterflies baked on sticks, decorated to match their theme. When I volunteered, I did not realize that they are all within one month. icon_cry.gif But it will be fun![/quote]

Wow! Thatsalot of cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%