4" Square Cookie Cutter

Baking By just_for_fun Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm by luv2bake6

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:43am
post #1 of 13

Does anyone know where I can find a 4" cookie cutter that is not part of a set? I also don't want it to be expensive, as these cookies are a donation and the stencil will be costing me about double of what I was expecting. I still want to make what they want but it shouldn't cost me tons! TIA

12 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #2 of 13

I use a pizza cutter and acrylic ruler (dedicated to baking- DO NOT put thru dishwasher- I will be buying another!) to cut large squares. I have not been able to find the sizes I need. roll out dough, cut into 4" strips, then cut those into 4" squares.
Good luck!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:16am
post #3 of 13

Just for fun, I got mine at Chef Central, a store in NJ but they have one in NY too. I believe they are actually biscuit cutters but I use them for cookies

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:17am
post #4 of 13

Do a google search for cookie cutters and you'll get several sites that have simple shapes (squares, rounds, etc.) in varying sizes that are very inexpensive.

OR...purchase an inexpensive cutter at a local hobby shop, cut it open and re-shape it into the size and shape you need. I have a friend who does this all the time.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:36am
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

I use a pizza cutter and acrylic ruler (dedicated to baking- DO NOT put thru dishwasher- I will be buying another!) to cut large squares. I have not been able to find the sizes I need. roll out dough, cut into 4" strips, then cut those into 4" squares.
Good luck!

that was going to be my suggestion, also.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:28pm
post #6 of 13

This is very hard to find. You would think that it would be easy but for some reason I haven't been able to find one. I've used a square top to a tupperware container. You don't get the sharp cut lines but it works.

just_for_fun Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 13

I was thinking of doing the pizza cutter thing, but I wanted an easier way. I'll try to find Chef Central, otherwise will have to do it the hard way. (300 cookies, oh my!)

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:27pm
post #8 of 13

300 cookies... for a donation??? Are you mad woman??? icon_wink.gif

just_for_fun Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:42pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

300 cookies... for a donation??? Are you mad woman??? icon_wink.gif

A little mad... icon_eek.gif I am not a legal baker, so I cannot sell anything. So, I look for reasons to bake. This is a fundraiser for our synogogue and my kids' school. Instead of giving money, I bake something every year. This will be my contribution this year. The crazy part is that this month, I have a cousin getting married that I had offered to make 150 cookies as a gift (like the ones I made a few weeks ago, white with silver stenciling), and for another organization, I volunteered 300 butterflies baked on sticks, decorated to match their theme. When I volunteered, I did not realize that they are all within one month. icon_cry.gif But it will be fun!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:07pm
post #10 of 13

LOL... well I can see the reason then. But still.. a wee bit mad. (but that's what makes it fun right? cooking kids... baking 750 (donated) cookies in a month's time it's all good!! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif)

just know I'm joking about the cooking the kiddo part... I love that picture!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:24pm
post #11 of 13
bm162003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bm162003 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 13

just_for_fun I also live in brooklyn I just got some sqare cookie cutter at
Pfeil & holing they are in 58-15 northern boulevard I thing I pay $8.50 for it try maybe it work for you.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm
post #13 of 13

quote}A little mad... icon_eek.gif I am not a legal baker, so I cannot sell anything. So, I look for reasons to bake. This is a fundraiser for our synogogue and my kids' school. Instead of giving money, I bake something every year. This will be my contribution this year. The crazy part is that this month, I have a cousin getting married that I had offered to make 150 cookies as a gift (like the ones I made a few weeks ago, white with silver stenciling), and for another organization, I volunteered 300 butterflies baked on sticks, decorated to match their theme. When I volunteered, I did not realize that they are all within one month. icon_cry.gif But it will be fun![/quote]

Wow! Thatsalot of cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%