Found Great Cake Supply Store In North Carolina-Fyi

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 17 Aug 2013 , 12:02am by craftycakes0627

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 24

I found a great store with tons of supplies just outside of Raleigh. It carries, Wilton, CK, satin ice, gumpaste flowers, tylose, cream bouquet, gumpaste cutters, pettinince <sp> and about everything else you can think of and the best part is the pricing is pretty good. It's an old building and nothing fancy from the outside but the inside is what counts. It is not an online store, just in person. I just had to share!! OHHH yeah, it's called Carolina Paper Co, in Clayton, NC (about 15 miles from Raleigh).

23 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:34am
post #2 of 24

i go there all the time.. really like it..

revskg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revskg Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 24

Wow, I had no idea that's only about 15-20 minutes from me. I will definitely have to check it out

JustToEatCake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:26am
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by revskg

Wow, I had no idea that's only about 15-20 minutes from me. I will definitely have to check it out

Well you two are lucky then because it's about 80 miles for me BUT I have friend in Raleigh I go up to see quite regularly. I can't believe no one mentioned this store before! I have looked and looked.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:00am
post #5 of 24

120+ miles for me... icon_sad.gif

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:00am
post #6 of 24

I'm in New Bern, so it's prolly 3 hours from me. But I go to Raleigh a couple times a year. I'll look it up. I swear if I was 20 years younger, I'd open my own supply store. It's ridiculous how few and far between they are! Thanks for the info!

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:01am
post #7 of 24

Thanks for the info. That's about 2 hours from me, but I gotta check it out. Thanks for sharing! If anyone lives near me, Randleman and you know of a great store, please let me know.

Thanks,
Lori

icer101 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:09am
post #8 of 24

there is another cake shop about 6 miles from there. i will post as soon as i can find out.. my cake friend and i go there when we go to ncpaperco..also..will get back..

icer101 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:13am
post #9 of 24

it is p-wees creations... 3005 austin dr. garner nc. 919-550-9122.. she sell the merkens chocolate also..peters caramel.. lots of different things.. nc paper co.. sells the merkens chocolate also. and lots of good things.. seem like they are adding more and more..

JustToEatCake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:18am
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

it is p-wees creations... 3005 austin dr. garner nc. 919-550-9122.. she sell the merkens chocolate also..peters caramel.. lots of different things.. nc paper co.. sells the merkens chocolate also. and lots of good things.. seem like they are adding more and more..

wooohoo thanks I'll be checking that out in a few weeks!

icer101 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:25am
post #11 of 24

ok..for p-wees.. call before you go.. it is behind her home.. a little bakery and supply ...she is really nice.. will order for you if need be. just call and let her know when you are coming.. she wasn,t home the last time we went.. something might have come up.. but she has been there the other times.. so just call ahead of time..

all4cake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #12 of 24

Drums? Pans? 7 days a week?

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:30am
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorabell

Thanks for the info. That's about 2 hours from me, but I gotta check it out. Thanks for sharing! If anyone lives near me, Randleman and you know of a great store, please let me know.

Thanks,
Lori

My shop is in High Point. Check the website for address info: www.crawfordscreations.com

icer101 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:35am
post #14 of 24

ok all4cake.. at nc paper co.. the hrs are m-f.. 8-5... sat.. 9-12... i don,t know p-wees hrs.. we usually go during the early part of the day.. nc paper co. has a web site.. so check that out.. but i don,t see one for p-wees.. again ..just call.... i know ddiva also.. and she is nice also.. havent, been to her shop.. but know her personally.. she use to come to the ncices cake club...

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:40am
post #15 of 24

I've driven 2 hours one way to go there.... I wish they were closer.

all4cake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:49am
post #16 of 24

ah! erinalicia! Wait...is this the same one I was tryin' to tag along with you to? lol

JustToEatCake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:58am
post #17 of 24

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can pickup from foodservicedirect in Hamton, VA? If so I'd like to go up in about March (my brother lives near)or april and pick up some sweetex (84.00 for 50lbs) and clear vanilla flavor and one other food item (you have to buy 3) and I was wondering if anyone might be interested in splitting and meet in Raleigh (My friends home) or somewhere near to split things up? I'm a hobby baker but my 12lbs (35.00 plus shipping) of sweetex is almost gone, didn't last no time!

I've done bulk/group orders of items several times before ($6000.00 orders to Germany for corset supplies). I don't mind at all if it saves $. If you might be interested just let me know..can post here or PM me.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:03am
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedesigner59

I'm in New Bern, so it's prolly 3 hours from me. But I go to Raleigh a couple times a year. I'll look it up. I swear if I was 20 years younger, I'd open my own supply store. It's ridiculous how few and far between they are! Thanks for the info!

You're never too old!

I'll be 45 in March and I just opened a supply store.

Not in NC, though! icon_smile.gif

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:11am
post #19 of 24

Geez...7 hours from my place to Raliegh...but at least on my next prison run I can go by...lol

JustToEatCake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:11am
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedesigner59

You're never too old!

I'll be 45 in March and I just opened a supply store.

Not in NC, though! icon_smile.gif

Hey that's GREAT!!! You got all the "toys" then...

JustToEatCake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:15am
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetconfetions

Geez...7 hours from my place to Raliegh...but at least on my next prison run I can go by...lol

icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif You could visit Madoff!I heard he got beat up.

That'd be Dorthea Dix for me...lol...I shouldn't laugh my GRGrandmother was in there a few times, you know back in the day when your husband could say you were mean and they'd put you away? I'm NOT kidding!!! We have the court records!...She'd end up working for the doctors and living in their homes, they'd let her out and that husband of her's would get her pregnant and they'd fight and he'd send her back...Oh the stories I could tell...

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:16am
post #22 of 24

Actually, I prefer to call them tools.

I opened in December, and so far it has been a great success.

JustToEatCake Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:19am
post #23 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

Actually, I prefer to call them tools.

I opened in December, and so far it has been a great success.

Well I prefer to call them toys...yes they are my toys I play with because I do this for fun. Congrats on your business!

craftycakes0627 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes0627 Posted 17 Aug 2013 , 12:02am
post #24 of 24

Do they carry edible ink cartidges????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%