Ka Mixer-Tip Me Over The Edge & What Colour Should I Buy

Lounge By Mrs-A Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 2:39pm by verisimilitude

Mrs-A Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 16

so heres the story... down here KA artisan usually costs about $690-$725 and currently they are down to $616 inc shipping (http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/Brands/KitchenAid-Stand-Mixers/KitchenAid-Artisan-Mixer-KSM150-Yellow )

but... you knew there was going to be a but... the sale is only for 2 more days and the colbalt blue isnt in stock

so, do i pick the yummy yellow which is in stock for $616

or wait for the colbalt blue to come in but by then it will be $649

my kitchen is blue, i live in a very blue house to be honest (hubbys fault, blue relaxes him he says) and my fav fav fav colour is yellow (such a happy colour) so i will be happy with yellow but im not that hard up to save $33 either

i suppose i just need that little bit of a friendly push to commit to pressing the buy it now button because although ive been desiring a KA for over a year now - its such a big committment for the price

15 replies
manahigh Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 16

I'd go for the yellow. It will look great and really stand out in a blue kitchen!!

TexasSugar Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:26am
post #3 of 16

Yellow and blue look great together, I'd go for the yellow. Nothing wrong with bring in some accent colors. icon_smile.gif

artscallion Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:31am
post #4 of 16

I say go for yellow! My kitchen is yellow and all my appliances, plates, accents, etc. are cobalt blue. Too much blue is boring! Break it up with a splash of yellow sunshine! Then use the $33 to buy a few yellow dish towels and a yellow teapot or something.

CakeForte Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:36am
post #5 of 16

Yellow since it's your favorite color and it will be instant happiness every time you see it!

Red is my fav color, but I got a pink one since I want to save the red one for my personal kitchen. My sis go the cobalt blue since that's her fav color.

Mrs-A Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:47am
post #6 of 16

((insert happy dance smilie and squeeaallllllll!!!!!!!) i bought it - yummy happy yellow and it should be here in a couple of days!

whew - i rang hubby (because $600 is the price of a 4 day holiday to fiji to be honest) and he said do it so he can stop seeing me lusting after it online ALL the time and he also said "does that mean i'll get more cake"

in the meantime ive already checked my online tracking twice.... while im waiting i might make a cover for it (i sew also) and will have to rearrange my tiny kitchen

thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:24am
post #7 of 16

party.gifparty.gif congrats!

N yes yellow was a good choice icon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:30am
post #8 of 16

Congratulations on your purchase you will LOVE him....I say him because I named mine Artie (short for Artisan) icon_lol.gif

I'm glad you went with the yellow it will really POP on your counter!

Happy mixing! party.gif

mkolmar Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 4:49am
post #9 of 16

It's time to start thinking of names. I have a 13 year old cream 4 qt. named Bessie and a 2 year old Artisan 5qt. in cobalt (my favorite color) named Ol' Blue.
I think the yellow will off set the blue in you kitchen nicely, like a little ray of sunshine. Congrats. Is it a boy or a girl? icon_wink.gif

Mrs-A Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:53pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

...... Is it a boy or a girl? icon_wink.gif

im a bit old fashion - just like waiting for a baby to be born to find out, im going to have to wait until he/she arrives... hopefully by friday icon_smile.gif

thanks!

misserica Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 12:40am
post #11 of 16

Ha Mrs. A, waiting til it arrives! Very cute.

My parents just returned the 4 1/2 qt they bought me for Christmas, took it out of the box and its so tiny. We are going to buy the big guy next week. I hope you enjoy your new arrival!! Cant wait for mine!

Mrs-A Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:00am
post #12 of 16

woohooo - she arrived today!!!

and ive decided its a "she" but havent named her yet and im still trying to figure out where she will live but for now this is her spot - and yes, i think the yellow looks very nice in my blue kitchen!

icon_biggrin.gif

oh, and the love heart on the bowl isnt really there - lets just say i wasnt nekkid when i took the pic but it was near enough and i wasnt aware my reflection could be seen icon_redface.gif
LL

Sagebrush Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 8:00am
post #13 of 16

She does look beautiful there in your kitchen.

If it were up to me, I'd call her little miss sunshine. I can just imagine walking into the kitchen with a big smile and saying "Well, hello, sunshine!"

- Leisel

misserica Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:15pm
post #14 of 16

Oh wow, what a beautiful "girl"!

TexasSugar Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:34pm
post #15 of 16

I love that color!

verisimilitude Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:39pm
post #16 of 16

Oooh, beautiful! I love that colour, it looks fantastic!

I can barely wait to buy my first kitchenaid! Though of course I'll have to because they cost an arm and a leg and I don't have any limbs to spare icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%