Frosting Sheet Over Fondant

Decorating By mimisunshine Updated 10 Jan 2010 , 10:48pm by DianeLM

mimisunshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimisunshine Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 3

Can I put a picture on a frosting sheet over fondant? If so, how is it attached? Does it blend in without the line of the sheet? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 3

Sure you can!
You can either attach it with a light mist of water or a thin layer of piping gel. Personally, I would use piping gel to get a firmer attachment. Smooth it from the center outwards to the edges making sure the edges adhere and you should be fine

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 3

I do it all the time. I just moisten the fondant with a damp paper towel, then lay the image on.

No, the edges will not really blend in. If it's a small image that will be placed on the cake, glue the image to the fondant then cut out the image and the fondant together.

If you're going to place the image onto a fondant iced cake, you'll want to make a border of some sort. Or, you can cut out the image in an interesting shape so the edge that is showing looks deliberate. For example, cut a heart around the image, or a starburst. This will only work if you have enough excess frosting sheet to cut around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%