Sps And Americolor Airbrush Colors

Decorating By tatechloeandlucysmom Updated 10 Jan 2010 , 7:38pm by BecuzImAGurl

tatechloeandlucysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there! I see that Global Sugar Art is having a sale -hoo hoo! How do I find the SPS in there? Also, someone had a link to see another new kind of support system in action... can't remember the name OR link. It wasn't wilton. Any ideas and how do you like it by now if you have one?

Also, I used my 40% coupon at Hobby Lobby and bought a Paanache air brush -yay! Can the Americolor airbrush colors be used directly in fondant if I want to mix the color directly into MMF? Would I be making life harder than it has to be to do this? Should I buy additional regular Americolor stuff that you mix in? So confused.

Thanks for looking!

3 replies
BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 4

if you using an airbrush...I wouldnt want to go through all that work of kneading it in the fondant. I always thought that fondantsource .com is cheaper in price and you can also use coupon code: cakecentral for 10% off.

dont they have a search box that you can search for SPS? try typing in dowels or similar keywords to try and find it.

How much was your airbrush?? I really wanted to buy one too

tatechloeandlucysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 4

THANK YOU for replying! I'm starting to think I somehow angered the cc world or something. The links were really nice of you, thanks!

A lot of time I type in something to search and come back with a broken link and it says nothing is there anymore... I am sure this is my navigation issue, I'm just gonna have to figure it out. Than you for the wisdom.

On Global, I did finally find the sps after several searches, yay!

I got the cheapest airbrush Hobby Lobby had and it was $109 BEFORE THE COUPON. It took off $44.00! For what it's worth, I've found some links outside of here by just researching every second I could steal to explore the internet for people willing to share their input on which airbrush works for them. I'll send you the links if you're interested. I wanted the Salon Air that someone on here was kind enough to recommend to me, but I just couldn't pass up the 40% off coupon. icon_wink.gif

Again, thank you for responding! icon_smile.gif -Laura

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 4

no problem...thats why we are here, I'm just a newbie, but I will definitely share what I know and had learned. I would love some links...

hope to see some of your work with the airbrush!! I had my eye on one from Ebay...
It's called Cake Decorating airbrush set w/ a compressor and they threw in 4 bottles of airbrush color...plus FREE SHIPPING...it's around $50-$60 great deal...I just have to save up for it.

As for that site, I always compare alot of the prices with globalsugarart and they always seem to be cheaper...but not as much things. Though they adding on new things everyday so just check back or email them to let them know what you like to see in their site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%