Frosting Shots

Decorating By psurrette Updated 10 Jan 2010 , 11:12pm by psurrette

psurrette Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 7

I have seen a few articles in the paper recently about selling a soufle cup with a shot of frosting in it. Does anyone do this?

6 replies
Loucinda Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't heard of anyone just selling the "shots" of frosting. I have a couple of clients that actually purchase my frosting over the holidays for their cookies though! If I have a bride that is short on time, I will pack up a set of cake samples and put a few of those souffle cups with the different flavors of fillings and frostings in them.
Do you have a link to the articles, I would be interested in reading them!

ibmoser Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 7

I saw that, too. Think I remember someone charging 75 cents for a dollop of frosting in a portion cup - probably enough to give a cupcake a decent covering. I don't know of anyone in this area doing that, but I'd pay a buck for a good sugar fix icon_lol.gif

cblupe Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 7

I have seen it done at the farmers market here. The cupcake gal sells bc cups in addition to her cupcakes.

Geseka Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 7

There is at least one cupcake shop in NYC that sells "shots" of frosting. While visiting there last June, my sister took us to Buttercup Bake Shop where she bought a frosting shot. It came in a small Dixie-type cup and was around $1.70 or so. As I recall, the cup seemed a little larger than a normal shot glass. You could "down" them in the shop or they gave you a lid if you got them to go.

cakemeasIam Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 7

i don't know of anyone local that does shots. but i did frsoting shots at a fall festival to generate excitement for the new bakery in town, a huge hit!
i think it is a fun idea! icon_smile.gif

psurrette Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 11:12pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone! I had seen in article in the Boston Globe about a company that does this in a small chocolate cup and sells them I am just curious if they would sell??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%