Lincoln Cake?

Decorating By trinijulie Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 12:06am by KristyCakes

trinijulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trinijulie Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 5

Hey guys- someone wants me to make a Lincoln Themed Cake for a Presidents day party. I looked around online for ideas but nothing is popping out at me. They wanted something that incorporated $5.00 bills and/or pennies. I had the idea to do two rounds, wrap them with $5.00 bills "edible images" and putting a black top hat as a topper--also putting pennies aroung the base??.. I'm now wondering if that would look good and where on earth I would find a mold for the pennies??.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you.

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 5

turn it upside down -- like a magician's top hat the bunny gets pulled from.

only this would have $5 bills sticking out the top. could even put some on wires so it looks like they're flying out of the top hat (sort of like the magician made the hat spew out lots of $5 bills! -- now where can I find a hat like that? icon_rolleyes.gif)

and then, yes, to pennies scattered about.

chocolate candy mold for pennies
http://www.winbeckler.com/search_results.asp?&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamCat=15&txtsearchParamMan=208&txtsearchParamVen=ALL

http://www.customchocolateshop.com/9013479.html

LovetoShare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovetoShare Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 5:31am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinijulie

Hey guys- someone wants me to make a Lincoln Themed Cake for a Presidents day party. I looked around online for ideas but nothing is popping out at me. They wanted something that incorporated $5.00 bills and/or pennies. I had the idea to do two rounds, wrap them with $5.00 bills "edible images" and putting a black top hat as a topper--also putting pennies aroung the base??.. I'm now wondering if that would look good and where on earth I would find a mold for the pennies??.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you.

When I did a magician's hat, I used round cakes and stacked them. If you use 6" cakes stacked, then use a 8" cake for the brim. I used chocolate frosting to cover them. If some of the pennies are to look as though them are flying downward from the hat, use fishing wire on these. I like your idea, Doug.

trinijulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trinijulie Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 5

You guys are the best! Thanks so much. I'm going to order the penny molds right now icon_smile.gif

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:06am
post #5 of 5

And if you don't want to make them and have a World Market nearby, they sell chocolate penny coins. If you choose to peel of the wrapper, they still have the shape underneath!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%