Doll Cake

Decorating By decoratingfool Updated 26 May 2010 , 5:26pm by marthajo1

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 7:30am
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone, well it has been forever since i have been on here, and i miss it so much.. My granddaughters 3rd birthday is in may and i would so like to make her a doll cake, but the catch is i bought a doll that is 36 inches tall. Any ideas or suggestions? has anyone made a doll cake that large?? I know with all you wonderful bakers out there someone wil have some suggestions for me..

Thank you....

10 replies
janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 7:44am
post #2 of 11

Although it wasn't as big a doll as that, the way I did mine was to bake rounds the size I required and stacked them, then the very top tier was baked in a bowl to get the right shape so you could try that option or if you have not got a bowl large enough for the top you could carve the top one once stacked to get the right shape.

Then I just piped to shape the skirt into the body of the doll.

Here's mine below

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1468830

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 7:59am
post #3 of 11

I'd get a different doll for the cake - that's just too big!

Or....
Put the doll in a sitting position and put the cake on her lap. She can hold the cake and be the cake stand!

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 11

I agree. I would get a different doll. That would be a tremendously large cake! You can buy a Barbie doll for $5 and then give her the larger doll as a gift.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 11

i agree, i think a smaller doll, like a barbie would be more suitable. and keep the big one as a gift

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:25pm
post #6 of 11

Hi Ladies, well i didn't take anyones advice i just knew i could do this
The doll i had was 32 inces tall, there was 16 inces of cake from her hips to bottom, it took me 10 cake mixes with the extender to make her, she was yellow cake with fillings of strawberry, banana, and pineapple, her dress was all cake except for 3 inces to her waist that was rice crispy treats to mold her waist. We dowled her every 2 layers with carboard in between, and carved her, we made 7, 14 inch rounds and 3 12 inch cakes to make her.
we frosted her the did 13 2 inches layers of fondant to make it lok like ruffles all the way down her dress...

She was FABULOUS!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I posted picture in my gallery

Enjoy, Shari
LL

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 11

hahah sometimes we ask for advice but deep inside know exactly what we are going to do anyway!! Love it.

You should have been an engineer. Great job...wish I could have seen the look on the little girls face!

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:52pm
post #8 of 11

Yikes! That's a lot of cake! Good for you - she looks great and you were right to ignore us!

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 25 May 2010 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 11

Well done you, its great.

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:09pm
post #10 of 11

Great Job! See you knew exactly what to do.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 26 May 2010 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 11

She is incredible! Excellent work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%