Tasting Party Idea To Drum Up Business

Business By korkyo Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 1:37am by Kuntrybumpkin05

korkyo Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:13am
post #1 of 7

I'm really trying to get my wedding cakes going. I just finished my paper work for the year and was not pleased with the over all results. I had too few weddings.

I was thinking about doing an open house type thing like some people do but my down side is the cost of renting a room at the community center. Not too much just an additional cost. Still WAY cheaper then bridal shows.

For those of you that have done these, do you really have much success with it? Do your rsvp or just put it out there? How many people do you think come in on average?

6 replies
mommicakes Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 7

Kory
I have been thinking of the same thing. I have a decent space to hold mine at but am still unsure exactly what the turn out would be. If you decide to do it post your results, I will do the same.
Donna

korkyo Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 7

I am seriously ocnsiering this now that I've had a night to sleep on it.

Anyone have some experience with this??

Tomoore Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 7

I have definitely thought of this! I plan to dub it a client appreciation event and invite them to bring guests. This way, I feel like I'm killing two birds with one stone. I will, of course, invite potential guests and planners on my roster, as well. I think it will be a great event.

korkyo Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 7

OH!! other planners or people in the business. That would be a good idea!!!

costumeczar Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 7

One girl here starte a business and did a tasting party for local planners. That would get you more business in the long run than doing one for brides would, most likely.

Kuntrybumpkin05 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:37am
post #7 of 7

I think that would be a great idea. I am a rep for a direct sales company and I host open houses all the time to show what new products I have. It really helps to boost sales. people love to "try it before the buy it."
I live in a small town in Georgia. There are several stores in my town that will place the brides photo if the bride registers with them for gifts or purchases wedding party gifts from them. It says something along the lines of " NAME has registered with store name" and will have the pic. These type of places would be a good start for advertisement. You could have a few tastings a year. let them know and ask them to post a flier or even have invitations.
Don't only target brides. Wedding planners are huge markets to advertise to. plus, you only have to hook them in once. It's not like doing a tasting to 20 brides. 1 planner can pass the word.
If you are licensed and wanted to, you could post an ad in the paper with which bride has bought a cake from you. People always love to see their name in the paper (in a good way lol!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%