bhv333 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 7:59pm
post #1 of

I apologize if this question has already been asked but I searched through this forum and couldn't find what I was looking for.

What type of containers (other than coffee mugs) do people put their cookie bouquets in? Can anyone recommend a place to buy inexpensive containers?

Thanks in advance! I've learned so much in this forum!

8 replies
DianeLM Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 8:10pm
post #2 of

Clay pots are usually pretty cheap.

They can be decorated with paints, decoupage (gift wrap and Mod Podge) or just some tissue pulled up around the sides and tied with a pretty ribbon.

I like to shop the dollar stores and the clearance section of the home improvement and craft stores for containers.

jenng1482 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #3 of

i have found some cute square containers in the $1 area right inside the front door of Target. They look kinda like chinese food containers without the lid flaps and are usually somewhat seasonal designs.

millermom Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 8:35pm
post #4 of

When I find them in the $1 section at Target or somewhere like that, I buy a whole bunch to have on hand.

pattycakes55d Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 8:38pm
post #5 of

At Xmas I went to Walmart and bought some beautifully decorated gift bags for $1.00, put some beans in the bottom and then styrofoam and that made it sturdy enough for the cookies. If the bag had snowmen and birds, then I made snowmen and birds for cookies. It really looked great. I bought glass dessert bowls, put some raffia on the bottom, added 6 truffles and packaged it with clear cellaphane and nice bow.

If it's for Valentines, maybe get some vases, put a little tissue paper inside to hide the cookie sticks and create volume and interest. For 3 cookie bouquets, I will use some tall clear glasses. I've used the little colored pails that come out each season. Get a plain container and glue some pretty wrapping paper around it. Just look at anything and everything and see if it would make a unique container. I seem like a pro here running off like that, but I try to think outside the box. Good luck and have fun hunting!

CookieMeister Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 10:55pm
post #6 of

I am always browsing around looking for things to use as cookie bouquet containers. I just recently bought a bunch of red Christmas containers on clearance that will be great for Valentine's. I'm generally repurposing things that are meant for somethign completely different.

I also check out Dollar General regularly.

When in a pinch, and I haven't anything else on hand, I will use terra cotta pots and paint htem.

toleshed Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 10:19pm
post #7 of

I was also going to say "target". But I find the little tin pails with handles. Now they have valentines ones out. $1 each. Right inside the front doors.

bbmom Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 10:39pm
post #8 of

Dollar Store is good as well as Christmas Tree Shops. I also check out clearance at Walmart, Target etc. and Yard sales.

pattycakes55d Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 11:32pm
post #9 of

I got some cute little red dessert bowls on clearance, pack of 4 for 50 cents. It's funny, I must be really early because I was out there hunting and a lot of stores don't even have their valentines stuff up yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%