Cake Pans, What Is Your Preference?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 11:01pm by mckaren

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 4

So I just hit the jackpot at Home Goods, they had tons of Fat Daddios cake pans on sale. I went ahead and purchased several...but I'm in debate.

They are all 2in deep Squared. I am wondering if i should take them back and hold off for the 3 or 4 inch pans... What is your take? What do you guys prefer?

They were a good deal, but just not sure if i should wait and get the deeper sizes. Are there Pro's and Con's to using one or the other?

Thanks!

3 replies
CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 4

Also another thought... As I mentioned i'm buying square pans... whats a good size rage to have (for general use and/or a stacked tiered setup)

Even numbers - IE: 12", 10", 8" 6"...
Or should have some odd numbered sizes too?

Thanks again!

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 4

I own the FD pans and love them, I only have the 2" which work fine for me but I do have both the odd and even sizes because I like to have a 3" difference in each tier. It's all a personal choice.

There are people who prefer the magic line pans and I have used both and am quite happy with the FD.

mckaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mckaren Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 4

I had been using deep tins for my cakes but I've recently gone back to using shallower sandwich tins for my sponges. I find the cakes are much lighter and more moist that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%