1St Female Adult Cake

Decorating By Unisteph Updated 24 Jan 2010 , 2:29pm by Unisteph

Unisteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unisteph Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to do an "adult" cake for a friends husband who will be turning 50. I was checking out some of the gallery pictures and I was hoping someone who has tackled a cake like this before could give me some pointers.

I was planning on using a 12X18 pan for the body. I am assuming that people use the ball pan to create the breasts. My questions is that I have a ball pan and it seems too big. Is there a smaller ball pan that one would use to get the right proportions? Also what is the best way to getting a flesh skin tone color?

I am a little nervous doing this cake since I haven't done anything like it before. I wanted to get some advice before I commit to making it.

Thanks for hearing me out!! icon_redface.gif

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 6

To get the skin tone, I use ivory with a tiny bit of peach added to it.

If you look in my photos, there's a corset cake with the ball pan on top of a 12" heart. I had to trim a little off the middle of the ball cakes to fit them on the heart. There's also a nude torso cake that was a 9x13 with the boobs made from the mini wonder mold pan (the one that makes the doll skirts the size of two cupcakes). That might give you an idea of how the different sizes look on top of a cake. I've also done an 8x8 that looked like an open shirt, with the mini wonder mold cakes on top. They fit fine on that size too.

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 6

My female torso cake was an 11x15 and I used the wilton small ball pan (the 4 piece set with the rings) and trimmed the sides a little, (I used freezer paper to make a template so it would be even and used the scraps I cut out for the parts of the ball cakes that hung over the edges of the 11x15) for the flesh tone I used Wilton rose and brown, little bits at a time until I liked the color. I also used Rolled buttercream which I thought had a skin-like texture.

Unisteph Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both for all your help. I am off to Micheal's to look at the small ball pan or the wonder pan. I will keep you posted on my progress. If mine comes out half as good as yours I will be happy!

DuchessOfCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuchessOfCake Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:00pm
post #5 of 6

I actually baked mine in a Pyrex bowl, it worked out really well!

Unisteph Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all so much for all of your help! The cake was a HUGE hit thanks to all of you. I will try to post some picks soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%