Where Can I Find Molds

Sugar Work By austyn1028 Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 11:43pm by kake4umjp

austyn1028 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:56am
post #1 of 5

i need help with a cake i am doing. I have a cake contest for chocolatefest in Hershey the theme is mexican and i am plannin on doing a 3tier topsy turvy cake and it it will have the cactuses around the bottom and peppers in the middle and a subrraro on top i am trying to use chocolate candy molds for the pieces what is best for the cake and where can i get the molds please help time is runnin out thanks

4 replies
pinkbox Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:10am
post #2 of 5

I have had great luck with getting chocolate molds in the styles I need from Amazon.com ... if you need to make a particular mold ... then I suggest go to your local hobby lobby or Michaels craft store and buy the food grade mold putty. Its usually in the same aisle as the clay and or soap mold supplies.

Hobby Lobby - if you go online they host a 40% off coupon every other week and that could help you with the cost... runs about $19.99 (here in Texas) with coupon... a lot less.

Hope that helps a bit

TexasSugar Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 5

Here is a link to a Wilton cake that uses fondant. Maybe this can be your back up plan. I did this one several years ago and it came out really cute.

sadsmile Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 5

Candy land crafts . com

I bet they have a mold you will like they have thousands!!! icon_wink.gif
Cheep too!

kake4umjp Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 5

Have you tried www.pohlmanscakes.com. we ship real quick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%