Wilton Does Make Pans With Straight Sides

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 10:54pm by anotherslice

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 1:37am
post #1 of 3

Wilton actually makes FOUR different types of pans. How do I know? I've bought 3 of them..lol..
1. Performance Pans (flared sides)
2. Decorator Preferred (straight sides)
3. "Deluxe" Decorator Preferred (I like these)
4. Gold Pans (these are thin and I don't like them)

I bought a 8 inch round "Deluxe" (might not be called deluxe exactly) pan at Hobby Lobby and needed a second pan so I used my coupon at Michaels and bought what I thought was a matching pan but it was a little smaller (!?) and lighter and the advertising sticker inside the bottom of the pan were slightly different. Anyway the "Deluxe" decorator pans are pretty nice. I am a hobbist but the sides are straight and it bakes fine, not like the performance pans that I have with the flared sides.

2 replies
Mug-a-Bug Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 3

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I wondered why everyone hates their wilton pans. I have a few and just bought new magic line pans. I really can't tell the difference. Hmmmm. icon_rolleyes.gif

anotherslice Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 3

I have a couple of 8-inch Wilton 2-inch high round pans (they don't stack inside of each other), which I love - they're probably the Decorator Preferred kind. Since then, I've also bought a couple of 9-inch round Wilton pans which I regret buying because the sides do flare (the pans stack inside of each other), I must have bought the Performance Pans and didn't realize it at the time of purchase.

Quote by @%username% on %date%