Hope This Isn't A Dumb Question.. I Am A Newbie

Decorating By babydeer115 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 9:37pm by 7yyrt

babydeer115 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babydeer115 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 8

Can anyone tell me what sleeve fillings are?

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 8

Sleeve fillings are fillings that you can buy at the cake decorating shop that don't have to be refrigerated. They come in a plastic bag shaped like a big piping bag and you snip off the corner to use them.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 8

Hi babydeer115. icon_smile.gif

The full description of "sleeved fillings" is sleeved pastry fillings which indicates another of their primary uses, but they're great for use as cake fillings and some members use them to flavor their buttercreams.

Most cake decorating supply stores will carry at least some sleeved fillings, but generally the greatest variety is available online and can be purchased in bulk or by the individual sleeve.

Here's a super thread that has online sources for sleeved pastry fillings and so much more - in fact, it's titled everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

It's a long read so I'd recommend a cup/glass of your favorite beverage and a comfy chair.

P.S. Don't be such a stranger. icon_lol.gif

babydeer115 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you guys so much! I didn't want to even post the question, thinking someone would be mean and think I am an idiot... THANKS ALOT!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:42pm
post #5 of 8

You're most welcome. icon_biggrin.gif

Are you going to be making your own birthday cake?

The WASC cake (recipe in the link posted above) is good with just about any flavor of sleeved pastry filling. And there aare also several CC member recommended buttercream frostings that would be complementary.

And just so I don't miss it, let me wish you an early
birthday.gifparty.gif Happy Birthday. party.gifbirthday.gif

babydeer115 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 8

nope, no birthday. I like to read everything I can to keep learning and I saw something about sleeve fillings, I just didn't know what they were and when I did a search for them on the net I couldn't find anything..

babydeer115 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 8

Only now did I realize why people were wishing me a happy birthday!!! I had the month and date backwards...I am so slow sometimes!! icon_razz.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 8

Image THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS!!!
Ask away!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%