Sometimes Small Towns Rock!

Business By KawaiiCakeCook Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm by Jenthecakelady

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 20

So the beauty of a small town is that well it's small, which makes advertising easier, and the news stereotypically pretty slow. Which can lead to amazing opportunities like this!

http://kanto.stripes.com/sites/default/files/epaper/Thu%2C%202010-01-07%2007%3A25/0108_YTA%20for%20web.pdf

Totally beyond belief, but there it is folks. Thanks a million and one to Toshi, the greatest guy ever.

19 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 20

You go girl!!! That's fantastic!

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 20

That's great! I can't wait to read the entire article. My computer is running slowly today. I think it's in shock that we have some snow outside. icon_smile.gif Congrats on your recognition. thumbs_up.gif

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife1

That's great! I can't wait to read the entire article. My computer is running slowly today. I think it's in shock that we have some snow outside. icon_smile.gif Congrats on your recognition. thumbs_up.gif

Where are you located at?

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

You go girl!!! That's fantastic!

Thanks bunches and bunches! I totally did a happy dance in my room when i saw it. Is it goofy that I'm going to frame it? Yeah its goofy, so don't care though! icon_razz.gif

sarkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarkee Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 20

congrats!!! That's what every baker wants written about them. Kudos to you for doing such a great job. I'm from a small town too and would be beyond proud for that to ever happen to me.

cgm_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cgm_cakes Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 20

Congrats! icon_biggrin.gif

That is super awesome. What a great feeling. I would definitely frame it - HELL YA! icon_lol.gif

I read the article and checked out your website - definitely deserving of the kuddos - LOVE the Dr. bag and the Cinderella!

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #8 of 20

Awesome! Congratulations, yep, small towns can rock. I'd frame it too and hang it up, and have a link on my website (lol, if I had a website). Neat story about the bagicon_smile.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 11:13pm
post #9 of 20

Great write up! Congratulations!

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 11:31pm
post #10 of 20

That's awesome! I lived in Japan to for a while, near Nagoya. Were you in Okinawa or on the mainland?

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 11:38pm
post #11 of 20

I'm on the mainland, Thanks to everyone for their lovely words. I'm sitting anxiously by the phone waiting for the calls icon_wink.gif

sweet12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet12 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:06am
post #12 of 20

i live in a small town and i am worried that once i begin my own business that the need wont be there, but this is very inspiring!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:51am
post #13 of 20

Hooray for you!!!! thumbs_up.gif I'm sure you won't be waiting by that phone for long!

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #14 of 20

Congrats!!!! Just seeing the starts and stripes brings back awesome memories of when we lived in Okinawa

armywife1 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 4:32am
post #15 of 20

Hey Brook! We just moved to Clarksville, TN. My hubby is with the Rakkasans at Ft. Campbell, KY.

My daughter and I were looking at your website. We loved how you said your prices are what they are because of the fact that you do custom cakes. I wish more of the public would understand that selling a custom cake at grocery (or commissary) stores just cannot be done. I also liked how you broke down how you priced your cakes (to include letting them know that you DO have to pay yourself for labor).

Your cakes are great! Best of luck to you. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Debbie usaribbon.gif

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 6:06am
post #16 of 20

Thanks bunches, I blame those stupid tv shows. When they deliver those amazing cakes I wish they would do a price at the bottom! Those ace of cakes cost a minimum, MINIMUM, of $1000, I can't believe people balk at 60 bucks here

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 6:52pm
post #17 of 20

That's great!! Congrats and yes that doctor's bag fooled e too. LOL

armywife1 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 4:12am
post #18 of 20

I forgot to ask, why are sheet cakes not allowed where you are? Is that rule just for home bakers or for grocery stores too?

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 12:40pm
post #19 of 20

There is a company called AAFES, they have first claim to all business, NO one is allowed to produce a product that they already provide.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm
post #20 of 20

Your write up is VERY excititng! I looked @ your website too. I love your FAQ page. You explain everything very thoroughly without being over the top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%