Books

Decorating By roniriv Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 6:22pm by LaBellaFlor

roniriv Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 6

Not sure if this belongs here and have searched through lots of threads..so pardon me if I am at the wrong place with the wrong subject...Question is What books on cakes,decorating..etc...could you not live without?

5 replies
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 6

In all honesty, I haven't found one yet that I can't live without. I have several that I enjoy for the photos and projects, and have used a few recipes here and there, but nothing that I consider my "bible".

keystone Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

I love to look at the books and I do over and over. I use the Cake Doctor book alot when I need to make something different and don't have time to experiment with recipes. They've always turned out great. I've used several of Debbie Brown's books on numerous occasions as well as the Wilton Fondant book. I got the Ace of Cakes book for Christmas and I LOVE it- but just because it is fun! I am a book person... don't think I really need most of the ones I have.

Linda

FullHouse Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 6

I love the Confetti Cakes books (original one and the one for kids), her project instructions are great. I also like the Whimsical Bakehouse book, I've tried a few of their recipes with nice results and love the chocolate transfer method. I've borrowed them from my library more times than I can count and finally got them for Christmas, so excited.

lngo Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 1:59am
post #5 of 6

My library has a huge selection of cake decorating books. While I haven't explored all of them, I do know I'm not a fan of Nicholas Lodge books, but I adore Toba Garrett and Debbie Brown. It depends on what you're looking for, and sampling the books from my library are what gave me a clearer idea of what I wanted to do.

LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 6:22pm
post #6 of 6

I have bought The Cake Bible like 5 times. I know, I'm dumb for constantly loosing it, but former military here, constant moving. I got it again for my birthday. Don't know how the last copy disappeared. I think it's a great book for understanding scratch baking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%