How To Make The Ruffled Tulip From The Twilight Books?

Decorating By PeanutCross Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 4:19pm by Jeep_girl816

PeanutCross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeanutCross Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 7

I've seen so many perfect ruffled tulips on the twilight cakes & I was hoping that someone can give me instructions on how to make them? (please please please!).
I'm still pretty new at cake decorating & my younger cousins birthday is coming up in a few months & she loves the twilight series, & I would love to try to make a twilight themed cake for her. If anyone out there can help me, I would appreciate it SO much! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance,
Peanut

6 replies
PeanutCross Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:34am
post #2 of 7

Anybody???? Please??? I'm desperate right now... I'm snowed in my house & really need something to do, & I really want to practice on these flowers but have no idea how to even start..... icon_cry.gif

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:56am
post #3 of 7

So I made a super easy peasy one(check my pics) I used the wilton flower cutter set and followed their directions and just frilled the edges with a tooth pick and let dry over the end of the rolling pin that came with the set. If you can't get the set (got mine at Michaels) try to draw a template using three fat teardrop shapes(pointy ends connected at the center) spread apart so one end at 12 o'clock, one at 4 and one at 8, use an excato knife or something to cut them out of gumpaste or 50/50 fondant gumpaste. Arrange over a wax paper covered broom handle or something like it. Good luck, hope this helps!

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:57am
post #4 of 7

I'm sorry, I don't know.

I hope someone tells you!

Good luck with the snow!

Jeep_girl816 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 3:59am
post #5 of 7

Oh btw, I forgot to mention I made two like that and fit one inside the other one for a more ruffled, layered look. I also google image searched for Parrot tulips(that's what the flower is) to help go by.

PeanutCross Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 7

Jeep_girl, so the one that you made for your twilight cake was made with the flower set? I think it looks great!!! I actually have the set (thank goodness, because I won't be getting out for a while to get anything)....can you tell me how to get the colors like that? (I haven't worked with fondant/gumpaste much at all)
Thanks for all your help!!!

Jeep_girl816 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 7

I just used the gum paste straight and it was pure white and I just dipped a paint brush into Wilton's red and dabbed a bit here and there until I got the effect i wanted, easy easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%