How Much Would You Charge For A Cake Like This In The Uk

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 12

http://herweddingdream.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/weddingcake.jpg

The bride wants it square instead of round and with Gerberra's. Tiers will be seperated with mirror cube pillars.

11 replies
Dalicha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dalicha Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 12

About $3.50 - 4.50 per person... the details at the cake takes time...

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 12

Hi, without the fresh flowers I would say around £325 and you need to charge for the seperators, Maybe £15-£20 (I don't how much they are if you want buy them. So if they are expencive charge a bit more) and you have to get a deposit for them. The seperators need to be returned within 7 days and undamaged. icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 12

£5.00 per serving, PLUS the cost of flowers & separators.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 12

The flowers scattered on the table, she is arranging for the venue to do it. She wants sugar flowers - gerberras. Shall I still charge £325? As she has found the mirror cubes herself, shall I tell her to provide them and bring them when she is going to pay for the deposit?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 12

If the bride is providing anything, I request it be delivered to me no later than 1 week before the wedding (except for flowers which they can bring the day before, morning of). If you are doing sugar gerberas, I would charge at least £5 each - they are going to take you a while! When I said £5 per serving, I wasn't talking piddly little finger slices, but 1x2x4in slices (my standard wedding size serving). HTH!

bashini Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 7:16pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCakeCrazy

The flowers scattered on the table, she is arranging for the venue to do it. She wants sugar flowers - gerberras. Shall I still charge £325? As she has found the mirror cubes herself, shall I tell her to provide them and bring them when she is going to pay for the deposit?

You need to add the price for the flowers to £325 as they are sugarflowers. They are going to take time to make. As mentioned above, you have to get the seperaters early as possible. icon_smile.gif

MissCakeCrazy Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 7:56pm
post #8 of 12

This is what she quoted "Base price on 15 small flowers with a little greenery - flowers fuschia gerberas. " Can Gerberas be small? I thought they were al large.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:14pm
post #9 of 12

In nature they are large (about 3" across), but making them from sugar allows you to make them small if you want. icon_smile.gif

Beautiful cake... I'm not from the UK so I won't jump in of the pricing. icon_smile.gif

MissCakeCrazy Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:15pm
post #10 of 12

I have only seen large cutters being sold. I haven't seen small ones.

bashini Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 9:08pm
post #11 of 12

FMM has Gerbera plunger cutter set and there are three sizes. icon_smile.gif

Sorry, its the PME cutters. Here is the link for you,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PME-Veined-Gerbera-Plunger-Cutter-_W0QQitemZ380173014219QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&rvr_id=&cguid=99689e7711e0a0aad4924ba2fc13461e

MissCakeCrazy Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks Bashini icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%