Cake Ideas For The Beatles????

Decorating By morgnscakes Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 9:13pm by megmarie

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 11

I have a request for a Beatles (yes, the rock band) themed cake for a 9 year old little girl. She loves color but doesn't want the ever so popular yellow submarine anywhere on the cake. it's supposed to be at least a 2-tiered cake. I've thought of maybe a tye-dyed look or something, but other than that my creative juices are running dry. Any suggestions?

10 replies
sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 11

I did a Beatles themed cake (in my photos) it is a yellow submarine cake but I was thinking you could do a tye- dyed look and then have each Beatle member playing their different instruments. HTH

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 11

Do you have access to edible images? If so, I would make edible images of the album covers and wrap them around the sides of each tier. (You can get the album covers' images by doing an images search in yahoo.)

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 11

Maybe add some peace signs, use mod colors.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 11

There was a wedding cake at the Travis County Expo Center in Austin Texas that might inspire you. (Sorry, I don't know the baker's name/company icon_sad.gif to credit them here.)
LL

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 11

That's cute!

llbesq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llbesq Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:18pm
post #7 of 11

You may have seen the "Musical Mice" cake in ACD magazine a few months ago. One group of mice on the cake were the "Rattles" (obviously the Beatles) performing. The link to how the cake/mice were made follows

http://kimberlychapman.com/crafts/cakes/cakegalleryplain.html#musicalmice

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 11

Those pics are so cute!!! antonia74, that is definitely a great color scheme for a 9 year old!!!

so, peace signs, bright colors, maybe one to look like a drum? And then I could do images of each one somehow!! That's definitely a good start! Thanks everyone.

and keep the ideas rolling, too.

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 11

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dentro_do_forno/4110489993/in/set-72157613335066992/

It has the yellow submarine on the top but you could replace that with a rainbow, I got a similar request this week and almost had a heart attack. How does one sum up such an iconic band in one cake? Worse my client is 50 years old, she KNOWS the beatles, arggg. Luckily there is always flickr and google to the rescue with inspiration abounding.

jojo76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo76 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:23pm
post #10 of 11

how about a zebra crossing with a model of each beatle walking accross/or a cut out of each going across the crossing around the side of the cake like on the Abbey road album cover? Or an abbey road sign (white background, black out line, black writing). What about some guitars? How dissappointing that you cant do the yellow submarine!! Or could you do elements from some of the songs?
a blackbird (singing in the dead of night)
Octopus's garden
Drive my car
I wanna hold your hand
etc....

megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 9:13pm
post #11 of 11

First of all - coolest little girl ever! I am sure it's because of the new Rockband game....but any child that likes Beatles is ok in my book!

I was thinking the characters from the yellow submarine movie might be fun (similar to what antonia74 posted). I tried to find some pictures for you, but I wasn't having any luck. Rent some movies from your library to get inspired! I love the blue characters from the yellow submarine movie - lots of rainbows. There is also a movie 'Across the Universe' they use a lot of Beatle inspired stuff, it might help you get some ideas.

Or.... I the the Benefit of Mr.Kite song, lots of great images to use from that....it would turn out like an odd circus theme. Such as...Blue people, Henry the horse (shes a girl, and her name is Henry, it's complicated kids don't worry about it) icon_smile.gif .... oh did I mention I like the beatles? haha.
The lyrics can be found here: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/b/beatleslyrics/beingforthebenefitofmrkitelyrics.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%