Rolling Board For Fondant - Tip

Decorating By Darthburn Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 12:22am by anotherslice

Darthburn Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:46am
post #1 of 6

I don't know if I ever shared it with anyone here, but I thought I might go ahead and ad it.
I have tile counter tops and I wanted a nice flat surface to roll my fondant on.

I called up a local tile place and asked if they had any pieces of leftover granite around 2' x 2' pieces that I could buy. The guy was preplexed as to why I wanted it but said he had some pieces and if I'd come by, then he would talk price with me.

So I ran over there right away, figuring even if he said $25 it's still be pretty good.

The guy gave me a 28" X 38" piece of granite.... free. He said it was an old granite floor sample / display that they didn't sell anymore. He had about 6 of them in different colors. Said they couldn't use them for anything.

I love the thing. It is a bit heavy to take out and put away... but well worth it.I imagine you can get marble ones around 16 X 20 for cheap, but just thought I would share so if anyone ever wanted to try at a local store they could.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Jeep_girl816 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:03am
post #2 of 6

THANKS! Awesome idea! there's lots of flooring shops in my area I might just check them out, the fabric store vinyl over the wilton mat just isn't doing it for me any more.....

SandyJameson Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 6

That's such a great idea, I'm sure they'll be a bit heavy, but if it's cut nicely you could just leave it out.

Thanks!

juststarted Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks! I always love the tips for saving money.

msulli10 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the tip.

anotherslice Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 12:22am
post #6 of 6

I have tile kitchen counters, too, and have wondered what I'm going to do when I start rolling out fondant. Thanks for the tip, that's brilliant!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%