Rolled Peanut Butter Cookies?

Baking By revel Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 4:42pm by GeminiRJ

revel Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:35am
post #1 of 10

Hello! I'm wondering if there are any rolled peanut butter cookies recipes out there. I'm looking for something alittle different that the regular sugar cookies

Thanks

9 replies
Mme_K Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:43am
post #2 of 10

Sounds like a good idea! I hope somebody has a good one to share. thumbs_up.gif

cindy58 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 10

I know I've tried a rolled peanut butter cookie before, but my family likes Peanut Butter cookies much more unfrosted, so I haven't done them again. They said Peanut Butter is a "stands alone" flavor for them.

JGMB Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 10

This is the one I've used many times to make the Rudolph cookies where you do an upside-down bell-shaped cutout cookie and put tiny pretzels for the antlers.

Rolled Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

In a large mixer bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough 1/4" thick. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. These cookies are actually more flavorful the 2nd day.

Mme_K Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 10

JGMB, thanks for sharing! Now I'm anxious to try these. thumbs_up.gif

revel Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 10

Thank You JGMB! I'm going to try these today!

pinkflower1212 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 1:18am
post #7 of 10

These sound so yummy and the family is craving something sweet. I think this will be worth braving the Artic Blast of air we have to go to the grocery store.
Thanks for the recipe. I'll let you know how it turns out.

JGMB Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:16am
post #8 of 10

You're welcome, everybody icon_razz.gif I haven't made these in years because I always did them at Christmas for my little Sunday Schoolers at church. Now, though, with all the peanut allergies, we're not allowed to bring anything containing peanut butter. I hope you like them!!

motherofgrace Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:30am
post #9 of 10

that sounds good! I was wondering what you would use to frost these?

GeminiRJ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 10

This is a favorite of mine:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 cup finely crushed corn flakes
1/8 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350. Cream together the butter, oil, and sugar until fluffy. Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. In separate bowl, combine flour, cereal, and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Stir until a soft dough forms. On floured surface, roll to 1/4" thickness. Cut into shapes and transfer to a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.

Note: This dough is easy to work with, but it is very soft. To keep the shape of the cutter, roll the dough out onto parchment paper. Cut out shapes, remove the excess dough, then transfer the sheet of parchment to a cookie sheet.

I used my usual glace icing to decorate these cookies. Very yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%