Tappits Or Cricut?

Decorating By AngelaM Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 4:28pm by tiggy2

AngelaM Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:04am
post #1 of 5

For those of you who have used both, which is the better one to purchase? I know that the Cricut is much more expensive, so I guess my question actually is: is the Cricut so much cooler that it can justify the additional cost? I just don't want to invest money in a few sets of Tappits and then end up buying a Cricut anyway.

The Cricut looks awesome, but I've wondered if it may be more trouble to set up/clean up then the time it saves to cut out manually. Which is better?

Opinions please?

TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
MnSnow Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:15am
post #2 of 5

You have more versatility with the cricut than tappits. You can do so many more shapes, designs, fonts and more than you can with tappits.

For each design you want to make, add up the cost of the cutters, tappits or whatever you use to get that design...lets say for a period of 1 year...and then figure your costs for a cricut and see which way works better for you. Not to mention storage of all the cutters, tappits and such

AngelaM Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 5

Does anybody else have any experiences/opinions to share?

greengyrl26 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 5

The versatility of the Cricut can't be beat (IMHO). Not only can you cut virtually whatever you want (can find on the web for free & edit), but you can cut them any size you could possibly need for a cake! 1/2" letters? Done. 4" letters, done! For that reason alone, I think it's way better than any cut-outs. HTH

tiggy2 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:28pm
post #5 of 5

I've been using tappits for a long time and just got my cricut. It's cricut hands down! There is no comparison. Better, faster, easier, more versatile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%